SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rangamati is located in the Chittagong Division. The total area of the district is 6116.13 sq km. It is bounded by the Tripura state of India on the north, Bandarban District on the south, Mizoram State of India and Chin State of Myanmar on the east, and Khagrachari and Chittagong Districts on the west.
Its a beautiful place...dont miss the Shuvolong Waterfall, Peda Ting Ting Restaurant if you go there.
Some Rangamati pics...

·
Registered
5,707 Posts
Thanks for the fine pics, Tareq. Do you know the names of the two waterfalls in the third pic? Also, how far from from town are those two and Shuvolong Falls? What time of year did you go?

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
Amazing pics Tareq79!Thanks for sharing these with us.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the fine pics, Tareq. Do you know the names of the two waterfalls in the third pic? Also, how far from from town are those two and Shuvolong Falls? What time of year did you go?
Thanks Tan and Mirza.
The local people call it 'jurachori' (I guess they mean 'Jora'/'a pair' by the term 'Jura').
I dont know the exact distance from Rangamati town in terms of kilometers but it took about 1.5 hours by shallow engine boat from Hotel Sufia to reach Shuvolong waterfalls. I went there on a bangla noboborsho (14th April) morning a couple of years ago. Its the best time to go if you wanna kill two birds by one bullet! Because, 1st Boishakh is their (various local tribes chakma, marma, tongchonga etc.) biggest festival of the year. To them, its like our eid as we celebrate...And your satisfaction is guarnteed if you can manage a local guy to guide you moving around festive places, buddhist pagoda etc. ... and you will go through the waterfalls, nice resturants on tiny islands all the way to Shuvolong.

·
Tetulia theke Teknaf
1,865 Posts
Thank you Tareq. Very nice pictures.

·
Registered
5,707 Posts
best pics of bangladesh....ever seen in the net....thanks
Hi there, welcome. You are right...although there are better places to see BD daily life, as far as architecture and points of interest are concerned, this is the most comprehensive compilation that I know of. Feel free to use the "Introduce Yourself" thread on the frontpage.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts