SkyscraperCity Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

· Registered
13,167 Posts
^^I can't agree more with you, Forrestcat !

Rapid KL bus and rail network is absolutely world class ( despite having some minor problems ). Much much better than the quality of transportation in Fukuoka which is just the same size like KL. It's very very easy for me and my family and all my friends to travel to everywhere around Klang Valley nowadays. All buses running on time. And very cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeappp........... sometimes I pay extra RM to the bus driver coz Im afraid the company isn't making money :D Now there is no more excuses on why ppl shouldn't travel by bus in KL. For me, how developed a country is is not reflected by how fancy the cars on the streets are, but is reflected on the quality of public transportation :banana:

Majulah bas untuk negara :banana:

· Registered
13,167 Posts
^^ Imagine.. how could RapidKL sustain its revenue by just charging RM 1 for unlimited pass thru out the day >>

Yes, I think they should improve the quality of bus stops..they should ban posting ads on the board and provide more dustbox. But now I don't have much prob with that.

Anywayz, my momy already sold her car cuz she find it much easier and much cheaper to travel to everywhere inside Shah Alam by Rapid KL bus--- only RM 1 per day.... Woow... still can't believe that... only RM 1 ????????
By this way our family could save RM XXXX every month :D

· Registered
13,167 Posts
Setiap tahun 6000 ++ orang mati di atas jalan raya di M'sia . dan Malaysia antara negara paling tinggi bilangan maut atas jalan raya. Kenapa kita belum bersedia menjadi masyarakat yang menggunakan pengangkutan awam ? Beribu-ribu nyawa dapat diselamatkan kalau begini.

· Registered
13,167 Posts
^^ Dekat Jepun tahun lepas 5 800 orang maut atas jalan raya. Penduduk Jpn 128 juta ++.

Kenapa di Malaysia semua org nak guna kereta je ? Tak boleh ke kite berubah kepada masyarakat yg gunakan pengangkutan awam ??

· Registered
13,167 Posts
^^ Muke bas baru tu punyelah hensem :hilarious: :hilarious:

Thanks Tamago for the pics. Anyway, do you know if the bus fare will maintain or going up in the future ?

Sejak bila ada bas nombor "B" tu ? Lagi satu-- dengar kata semua bas T dah tukar ke U. And KL Sentral bukan lagi destinasi terakhir ???

· Registered
13,167 Posts
I think Rapid KL must:

1) Make next-stop announcement/display on all buses.
2) Mark every bus stop. Give name to each of them according to their locations.

Now im extremely satisfied with the service but to make it World's #1 it needs to improve more

· Registered
13,167 Posts
Anyway, this is my letter sent to Rapid KL a few weeks ago .:cheers:

date: 2007年11月4日 20:55:16
to: [email protected]

Dear Rapid KL.

I was terribly annoyed and irritated at the behaviour of the majority of RapidKL bus drivers. I always travel by bus number U80 from Shah Alam to KL Sentral and I can say that the majority ( 80% ) of the bus drivers do not stop in intermediate stops all along Federal Highway. There are so many people signalling the bus to stop but the majority of bus drivers do not stop to pick them up ! How annoying and barbaric ( sorry for using this word ) it is !

I had the same experience when travelling from Shah Alam to Sunway Pyramid. I took bus number U80 from Shah Alam to Batu Tiga , then I had waited in Batu Tiga to catch U62 bus to Sunway Pyramid, but the first FOUR U62 buses didn't stop for me even I already signalled at them ! I waited for almost 1 and a half hours until the fifth bus arrived .

Please take this matter seriously and please enforce strict regulations to all bus drivers. What a sick behaviour it is .

Please ensure that all Rapid KL buses to STOP AT ALL INTERMEDIATE STOPS even if there is no one signalling for the bus. We passengers are really tired to look if the bus is coming and give signals by our hands. We don't need to do this in Japan or Western Europe.

Finally, I hope that Rapid KL can improve the infrastructure in Pasaramakota station. It looks very old and chaotic . Plus, KL Sentral bus stop ( which is next to Monorail station ) is very inorganized and chaotic and it's extremely dangerous when everybody rushes to their bus.

I hope RapidKL can take immediate actions to this and improve its service.

regards

XXXXXX

· Registered
13,167 Posts
allurban, ko memang setiap ari gune bas rapid KL yek ? Ko keje kat mane beb ?

Aku bulan 8 ari tu tiap2 ari aku ulang-alik Shah Alam-KL. 1 je masalah: aku duduk kat Seksyen 9 jadi kene tukar bas kat UiTM .... jadi ambik mase 1 jam 15 min utk travel.

Dulu.. cuma 40 minit je.. sebab bas intrakota masa tu non-stop.
Ramai gak yg complain naik bas Rapid KL ni kene banyak tukar bas..

Tapi..okaylah.. aku rase rapid KL sekarang jauh lebih baik dari dulu..lebih sistematik dan selesa.

· Registered
13,167 Posts
Hi Everyone

It has been just over 1 year since rapidKL "revamped" their bus services in the Klang Valley (on April 21, 2007).

I am preparing a report about RapidKL bus services, which I hope will take the form of a report card.

Normally in the assessment process, there must be outside, self, and independent assessment.

In this case, I am asking RapidKL to assess themselves. I would also like to get assessment from the public, and I will be analysing the assessment as well.

Your feedback and suggestions are welcome. I am going to try to keep things on a more macro level, talking about things like service quality, frequency, network coverage, meeting KPI, etc.

My goal is to create a constructive assessment of RapidKL which we all can use to better understand what improvements are needed to the overall system.

This is not a bashing session...but a serious and honest airing of grievances, questions, comments, and concerns.

Cheers, m

The biggest problem with RapidKL bus is the RUDE aggressive bad-tempered bus drivers. Take more female and polite foreign bus drivers

Plus, we don't need TV programmes or cartoons on the Screens :toilet: . We need "Next bus stop " display ! This is bus, not Movie theatre ! :eek:hno:

Make bus timetable , arriving at each stop at certain time. Be like Japan !

Finally let RapidKL takeover all bus service in Klang Valley. Metrobas, Permata Kiara bla bla MUST MERGE into Rapid KL . Stop killing the rakyat !

· Registered
13,167 Posts
^^ And in general. Bangladeshi workers ( and Nepali also ) work more seriously, more polite, more honest, more smiling, & more friendly than Malaysian workers . Better dismiss those abusive, bad-tempered Malaysian bus drivers :toilet: :toilet: and replace them with outstanding Bangladeshi drivers :eek:kay:

· Registered
13,167 Posts
We don't need Bas Mini, Bas Mini baru, Asia Media entertainment ,whatever :toilet: :toilet:

Why can't we have something like this !? This is what we call BUS ! Not tongkang pecah or Moving Cinema :toilet: :toilet:

Sao Paulo bus (Brazil ) :cheers:
( no stupid mini theatre, well-maintained bus & bus stops, great map, very understandable pricing etc )

The fare system is controlled by magnetic tickets, like this:

Some pictures:

Bonfim Stop

Bangu Stop (Santo André downtown in the background)

Santo André Terminal

Santa Tereza Stop

São Bernardo Terminal

Inside a bendy bus

System map inside the bus

Inside a low floor trolleybus
[/QUOTE]

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.