SkyscraperCity banner

501 - 520 of 591 Posts

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
Cant seem to find a thread for buses in KL. Here's a new company called "Bus Polluter". Really wonder why up till today these buses are still wondering around. Check out the black smoke coming out:

·
All Urban
4,348 Posts
Cant seem to find a thread for buses in KL. Here's a new company called "Bus Polluter". Really wonder why up till today these buses are still wondering around. Check out the black smoke coming out:

so dark that you cannot see the bus registration number. Oh, and there is a thread called "public transport-buses" bumping around.

Cheers, m

·
All Urban
4,348 Posts
Big News: Klang Bus Stand to close as of 1 November

Read this news in the newspaper: Klang Bus Stand to close

A reproduction of the article & comments from TRANSIT are here.

Info on the changes is below:

Cheers, m

·
Vince
6,179 Posts

Lousy law enforcement. Bribe officers and dirty bus companies don't get fined. This is Malaysia. We need to change.

·
Infrastructure
9,239 Posts
Do the panels work??? :lol:
The system do not come on line yet.

It is still under installation process.

So far, it is being installed in Kelana Jaya, Bangsar and 1 Utama bus hubs. Larger panels will be installed in RapidKL bus hubs (potentially that means Maluri LRT might be the next one too).

According to this, it should be operational by end of this year.

http://www.bernama.com/bernama/v5/newsindex.php?id=618416

·
Registered
101,310 Posts
RapidKL buys 470 new buses
By REENA RAJ Thursday November 24, 2011
http://thestar.com.my/news/story.as...65291&sec=nation#13221310966181&if_height=631

PETALING JAYA: At least 850 new buses will be required until 2012 by RapidKL to achieve the target of 70% coverage for bus ridership in Klang Valley.

The Performance Management and Delivery Unit (Pemandu) said that RapidKL had already purchased 470 buses to achieve the target.

Pemandu said its newly-launched Bus Expressway Transit routes BET7 and BET8, servicing commuters in the Sri Nilam and Semenyih districts to travel to and from the city, was on track.

Since the launch of the two routes in July, BET7 has benefited an average of 254 commuters and BET8 an average of 214 daily.

BET7 and BET8 are in addition to the existing six routes.

The BET service features RapidKL buses utilising existing highways to travel between the selected destinations and the city centre to avoid traffic congestion on more fre-quently-used routes, resulting in faster journeys.

BET7 provides transit between Sri Nilam and Lebuh Ampang using the Ampang-Kuala Lumpur Elevated Highway (AKLEH), which saves commuters up to 20 minutes of travel time.

The BET8 route offers commuters a shorter travel time between Sri Semenyih and Central Market using both the Grand SAGA and SILK highways.

This route saves commuters 30 to 75 minutes of travel time as previously there were no direct routes between Semenyih and Kuala Lumpur.

The fares for the BET7 and BET8 routes are RM2.50 and RM3.00 respectively.

The introduction of BET under the GTP's Urban Public Transport NKRA in 2010 has significantly reduced travel time for commuters who live in suburban areas that are further away from the city.

·
Registered
708 Posts

Engine so thundering noisy, honking no one's business, speeding as if their own road, broken buses and heavy smoke, driven by who care indon drivers, really run by a mafia gang, METROBUS。 Correction HELLBUS.
Why are they still very much existent? Very good question for Minister to answer.

·
Registered
10,058 Posts
That particular bus company is very high on my blacklist:bash:Hello SPAD wake up and smell that black smoke!Sometimes i think even those long gone mini buses were gezillion times better!Whats even scarier i dont know from which planet the drivers are from to be doing 120kmh on the elevated highway!:bash:

·
Registered
7,556 Posts
That particular bus company is very high on my blacklist:bash:Hello SPAD wake up and smell that black smoke!Sometimes i think even those long gone mini buses were gezillion times better!Whats even scarier i dont know from which planet the drivers are from to be doing 120kmh on the elevated highway!:bash:
Last year when I was near IIUM Gombak in front of a traffic light one Metrobus driver ( while smoking ) shouted at me * BodXX* without any reason , lepas tu jerkah2 aku macam ni---> :madwife::madwife:

Patut ban habis Metrobus ni. Sebat je pemandu2 yg melanggar peraturan di khalayak ramai , walaupun kesalahan kecil. Paparkan nama pemandu2 tak berdisiplin ( dengan gambar muka ) dalam surat khabar

·
Registered
10,058 Posts
Last year when I was near IIUM Gombak in front of a traffic light one Metrobus driver ( while smoking ) shouted at me * BodXX* without any reason , lepas tu jerkah2 aku macam ni---> :madwife::madwife:

Patut ban habis Metrobus ni. Sebat je pemandu2 yg melanggar peraturan di khalayak ramai , walaupun kesalahan kecil. Paparkan nama pemandu2 tak berdisiplin ( dengan gambar muka ) dalam surat khabar
I dont understand how they get away with a lot?Waiting for pax wherever they like,dirty buses,over speeding !I think SPAD should take away their operating license without any hesitation until they get their act together.STOP hiring foreigners once and for all!:bash:

·
Registered
730 Posts
^^Don't worry, SPAD already addressed current bus system in their KL/KV LPT masterplan...read here

From I have read, this a key area that need for improvement

Toward this they will setup new regulation regime to re-structuring bus system, re-route and enforce new regulation. In next five years, before MRT1 completed, bus system in KL/KV will be contract base. Operator will fight for the route, not they are creating the route like now..

Better hope for bus system :cheers:

·
Infrastructure
9,239 Posts

Date : 3/12/2011

This bus is the new short bus to serve housing areas, 8 metres long.

Standard RapidKL bus is 12 metres long. This short bus serves around suburbs, housing areas.

501 - 520 of 591 Posts