SkyscraperCity Forum banner
581 - 591 of 591 Posts

· Registered
291 Posts

that was the iveco, MAN, and some of the DRB hicom bus , namely DRB 'Pekan Rider' bus from period of intrakota days...

after rapidkl took over intrakota, they just change the livery of the bus , but rapidkl just use the bus for a short period only, last time i saw iveco bus, was in year 2011 if not mistaken, near wangsa maju LRT....

it cause a hot debate in the parliament, when rapidkl decide to decommissioned all those buses and replaced it with the china made bus, as some of the bus from intrakota days were actually still in good condition

· Registered
76 Posts
that was the iveco, MAN, and some of the DRB hicom bus , namely DRB 'Pekan Rider' bus from period of intrakota days...

after rapidkl took over intrakota, they just change the livery of the bus , but rapidkl just use the bus for a short period only, last time i saw iveco bus, was in year 2011 if not mistaken, near wangsa maju LRT....

it cause a hot debate in the parliament, when rapidkl decide to decommissioned all those buses and replaced it with the china made bus, as some of the bus from intrakota days were actually still in good condition
nowdays almost all KL CITY bus replaced with MAN & SCANIA by gemilang bodywork

short life for those dong feng bus 2006-2014

· ♡~Friendship is Magic~♡
4,404 Posts
nowdays almost all KL CITY bus replaced with MAN & SCANIA by gemilang bodywork

short life for those dong feng bus 2006-2014
These kind of buses really have short life after all. Afaik a public bus like these have about 8-12 years of minimum useful life, depending on the manufacturer.

· Registered
291 Posts
^^ Are they being 'scrapped' or waiting to be sold to other parties (say maybe some third world countries which is dire need of 2nd-hand buses) eh ???
not really scraped...

if you go to Perlis, u will notice, that Universiti Malaysia Perlis is actually 'spreading' throughout the state, as matter of fact, the management really need a huge number of buses to ferrying the students throughout their distributed campus, as the university itself located almost each corner of the state...:lol:

you will see some of ex-iveco bus (ex-intrakota) used as a shuttle bus for the students... even in UUM Sintok also you can see some of ex-intrakota bus refurbished by the Unic Liner Leisure as their shuttle bus....

· sty1978
36 Posts
To be fair, those old buses are not disabled friendly and I've seen disabled people using the bus from time to time, here and there.
I still remember those Iveco Intrakota buses are very jerky whenever the driver changes the gear or start moving.........also, the rattling sound from the poles and seats (loose parts) are loud too....:bash::eek:hno:

581 - 591 of 591 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.