Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
13,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rail,rail, rail (Construction sector update - Maybank IB Research, Dec 2, 2010)
By Maybank IB Research
Thursday, 02 December 2010 11:12

No short supply of news-flow. We expect the Klang Valley (KV) MRT project to feature in the next batch of entry point projects (EPP) to be announced by PM Najib, potentially this month end or in the early days of 2011. The subsequent awards of the remaining KV LRT job parcels, and a revival of a 3rd LRT line are some of the positive news-flow into 2011. This should sustain interests in construction and building material stocks. We continue to Overweight the construction sector.

KV MRT as confirmed EPP? PM Najib announced two days ago a total of 9 new developments and several EPPs, adding to the earlier 9 publicised on 25 Oct during the launch of Economic Transformation Programme (ETP). We now have 16 EPPs confirmed out of the total 131 i.e. 12%, with investment value of at least RM51b, accounting for 7% of the total EPPs' RM696b investment value. We expect regular monthly updates on the EPPs from now on. By end-2010 or early-2011, we expect the KV MRT project to be firmed and the details unveiled.

PDP approach for MRT? Edge Daily today reports on the appointment of a project delivery partner (PDP) as among the salient features to be discussed by the Cabinet this month (Dec) on the KV MRT project. The PDP will be more than a project manager. We understand that it will: (i) implement the project on behalf of the government, (ii) take on the delivery risks (cost and timing), hence, ring-fencing the risks by the government, and (iii) conduct open bids for all parcels of works for cost efficiencies. This is already international practice.

Gamuda-MMC as PDP? Gamuda-MMC is eyeing the chariot master, essentially, the PDP role, for the MRT project. We understand that the PDP role for past projects in Malaysia has been undertaken by both consultants and contractors separately. Contractors as PDP has its merits: (i) material procurement at better costs, and (ii) interfacing of skills to handle the sub-contractors, all supported by a bigger balance sheet. Some of the projects undertaken by contractors as PDP are the ERL and Sentul rail line by YTL, and the electrified double-track rail project northern section under Gamuda-MMC.

3rd KV LRT line revived?

Syarikat Prasarana Negara awarded two contracts this week for the KV LRT line extension: (i) Package A for the Kelana Jaya line (RM950m; Kelana Jaya-Summit) to TRC Synergy, and (ii) Package A for the Ampang line (RM635m) and the supply of segmental box girders (RM68m) to Bina Puri. The awards for the other parcels are expected to run into 2011. Meanwhile, a new 3rd LRT line (Kota Damansara-city centre) is in the works, which could be the revival of the Kota Damansara-Cheras line pursued earlier by MRCB. This was put on the back-burner as it will run parallel to the MRT line at some stretches. UEM and IJM may have teamed up for a slice of the jobs.

·
Registered
103,081 Posts
Thread ni sama ngn thread ini >
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=772142&page=10

Dulu tak tau line ni (Kota Damansara-Cheras) ialah MRT line projek ..tpi kini dah ada MRT projek thread rasmi...so thread itu fail ~~

-------------------------------------------

Mengikut plan...MRT projek ada 3 line yg akan datang pada masa tempoh 10 tahun sejak kini dan Kota Damansara akn termasuk dalam green line! Correct me if I'm wrong...

·
Registered
13,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
This is not MRT.

This is also not the former proposed Kota Damansara to Cheras proposed by Prasarana.

This is a new line proposed probably by those who didn't get the Line Extension job.

·
Registered
103,081 Posts
hmmm.. according to budget 2011 bagi projek MRT itu akan ada laluan untuk Kota Damansara to city centre for sure...so mungkinkah nak ada new route of LRT plak !?! btw apalah LRT 3rd line?? something missunderstood here lah rasanyaaaa!

·
Registered
13,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
My prediction:

Kota Damansara MRT - Damansara Perdana - Bandar Sri Damansara - Desa ParkCity - Jalan Kepong/Taman Wahyu - Bandar Dalam/Setapak MRT - Jalan Genting Klang - Ayer Jernih - Jalan Semarak - Titiwangsa LRT - General Hospital KL - Kampung Baru MRT - Jalan Yap Kwan Seng - KLCC LRT

·
Banned
1,020 Posts
My prediction:

Kota Damansara MRT - Damansara Perdana - Bandar Sri Damansara - Desa ParkCity - Jalan Kepong/Taman Wahyu - Bandar Dalam/Setapak MRT - Jalan Genting Klang - Ayer Jernih - Jalan Semarak - Titiwangsa LRT - General Hospital KL - Kampung Baru MRT - Jalan Yap Kwan Seng - KLCC LRT
seriously the current Kampung Baru station is so unstrategic. it should be in front of the mosque. that's the center point of kampung baru.

·
Registered
568 Posts
My prediction:

Well, it is the best idea. There was a proposed monorail to BSD but eversince it was not heard then. This project isn't it the original Kota Damansara LRT. Cause it sounds as if it is aligned to it.

·
Registered
13,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The original Kota Damansara LRT has become Sungei Buloh/Kota Damansara MRT.

The new Kota Damansara LRT I believed is suddenly an idea brought about by the losers who didn't get the recent Kelana Jaya/Ampang LRT extension.

So I hope KL would end up having:
- 3 long lines of MRT
- 3 long lines of LRT
- 1 long line of Monorail
- 1 line of KL-Singapore Bullet Train
- extension of ERL to KLIA 2
- modernisation of KTM Komuter and KTM inter-city

·
Registered
4,343 Posts
^^ I'm pretty sure they're referring to LRT system 3. LRT1 was what STAR was originally known as during construction phase (now Ampang line - 1 line, with 2 branches to Ampang and Sri Petaling). PUTRA was known as LRT2 then (now Kelana Jaya line). So this KD - KLCC thing is hence LRT3 or line 3.

Monorail was known as PRT during construction phase, as is not part of the LRT branding.

·
Registered
4,343 Posts
It is known as Ampang line anyway. So therefore its one line with 2 branches. But that doesn't matter. One line or two, its silly to go on and on about it. What's presented is a new line regardless if it is 3rd, 4th or 5th line. So just consider the impact of line instead of worrying about useless things like what numberth line it is.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts