Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Go drink a six-pack!
Go Bills.
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
One of suburban Buffalo's first "tract mansion" subdivisons, development in Pomeroy Park, located in the Eggertsville hamlet in the Town of Amherst, began in the early 1920s. Pomeroy Park is adjacent to the City of Buffalo boundary, northeast of Grover Cleveland Golf Course.

I'll be the first to admit that the quality of these photos is pretty bad. I really need a new camera; my digital is about six years old. Full size images at http://www.cyburbia.org/gallery.

Sad evidence of the October Surprise in this photo.

·
Told you so...
4,014 Posts
Yikes!

This must be the missing link between the beautiful mansions of yesteryear and the pompous McCastles of today.

I dunno, maybe some of you like that but I personally find it repulsive. I'm expecting to see Sir Ian McKellen step out at any moment.

·
NIMBYcrusher9000
140 Posts
do you ever creep anyone out having a collection of hundreds of thousands of pics of peoples houses? lol
I guess it's "people's houses" when the pictures are of suburban areas....and if it's in the city it's just called "cityscapes" or "urban photos" lol

·
Go drink a six-pack!
Go Bills.
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Is this inside the city or no?
The rear lot lines of many of these houses sit on the Amherst-Buffalo boundary.

What difference does it really make whether these photos depict Amherst or Buffalo? I mean, this isn't Buffalo Rising where suburban posts are verbotten.

·
18,399 Posts

What difference does it really make whether these photos depict Amherst or Buffalo? I mean, this isn't Buffalo Rising where suburban posts are verbotten.
I'm just curious as to where this area is since I'm not from there. I'm not a " OMG SuBUrBs R eVvIlZ" person anyway.

·
token Canadian
969 Posts
Cyb, I never knew the official name of this subdivision.
I just nicknamed it "Tudor Village" because most of the homes in it are Tudor Revival-esque :lol:
:p

·
Registered
528 Posts
I actually liked a house. The fourth to last one.

Buffalo suburbs look way diffrent than Long Island(which is one big suburb) Where I live the houses are more closely packed. No space is wasted in the South Shore part of Nassau County.

·
Registered
4,111 Posts
I guess it's "people's houses" when the pictures are of suburban areas....and if it's in the city it's just called "cityscapes" or "urban photos" lol
That is a very interesting observation.

·
Registered
4,111 Posts

Actually not a true statement.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts