SkyscraperCity Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
6,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
We've reserved January 26th for an Australia Day banner, as made and chosen by OzScrapers members. If you want to have your photo (or Photoshop) creation as the SkyscraperCity top banner for a day, just start a new thread to enter. The design brief is simple, cover two topics: Australia Day and Skyscrapers. Rules are the similar as the Urban Photo Comp:
-One entry per thread
-Each thread must have a poll, with options 10 down to 1 exactly, no zero.
-You may choose to have the poll a secret ballot or not.
-Each poll must be a one choice only poll (radio button), not multiple choice (tick box).
-You can enter as many times as you like, within reason.
-Keep text to a minimum. Jan will add the logo.
-Dimensions are 719x123 pixels
-Don't plagiarise other people's work, because it'll be on every page of SSC.

Entries close Jan 18, when the top five will go into a final poll to select the winner.

Rankings can be viewed here.

Good luck!

·
Banned
Tremendous
8,579 Posts
I have a suggestion if it is appropriate to say here. Maybe a merge of all Australian skylines would look very cool and be a good idea. For the talented ones amongst us.

·
Registered
10,647 Posts
Oh god, I had spent an hour and a half on it yesterday and then we had a 5 second black out due to the storms and I lost it all because I didn't save it!

Damn. Lesson learned.

·
Banned
Tremendous
8,579 Posts
I can't believe no one has entered?!?

I would but I'm hopeless with that sort of stuff. Maybe post it into Skybar as well?

·
Registered
4,272 Posts
I'm not much of a photo person but I thought I'd have a go since no one else seemed to be. None of the pictures are my own though so if anyone is opposed to my using them justlet me know and i'll change it. :) If I haven't asked people already, consider this post a request for permission to use the otherwise copyrighted images. The Sydney pic is by Aussie Bhoy that he posted for us all in an SSC photography thread. The flag is from an image by monkeyc.net on Flickr and the picture of Uluru is by bashasselaar and also from Flickr. The sky image is from the public domain on the web.

I was really doing this out of my own interest and wasn't going to post it but then I thought it didn't turn out quite as half-arsed as I was expecting.

Anyway, this is it:

Is it skyscrapery enough for this forum?? Anything I should change to make it better or more suitable?

Edit: Forgot to make a new thread with a poll, shall do that now...

·
Registered
300 Posts
There's been some great efforts thus far but for mine the perfect Australia Day banner (with a skyscraper slant) would be a family playing beach cricket in front of the Gold Coast skyline (maybe with a few blokes and sheilas in thongs holding a stubby in the background).

Nothing sums up Australia better than sun, sand, surf, a bbq, beer and a casual game of cricket. Pretty much showcases our national identity in one day.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.