Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
4,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All the following pics show houses in the city of Belo Horizonte, southeastern Brazil.

House n. 1

House n. 2

House 3

House 4

House 5

House 6

House n. 7- 300.000 euros

House n. 8 - 250.000 euros

House n. 9

House n. 10

House 11

Some street scenes

·
Banned
164 Posts
brazil has style!!
maybe little international-style , but still style!!

·
Resurrected
25,540 Posts
For Brazil these are very beautiful houses! Look at the avarage Alphaville-villas - absolutly no taste and bad style.

Brazil has some great architecture in buildings but concerning houses it's a very boring country (and this I have to say as a big Brazil fan...). Nice to see that things start to change and style takes over :)

·
Banned
4,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
JOTA JOTA said:
Are you selling these houses? They don't look nice, either. Look like office buildings.

those are contemporary houses. What do you prefer, those overpriced , tiny and old-fashioned houses they sell in Europe ?

·
Banned
4,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Kuesel said:
For Brazil these are very beautiful houses! Look at the avarage Alphaville-villas - absolutly no taste and bad style.

Brazil has some great architecture in buildings but concerning houses it's a very boring country (and this I have to say as a big Brazil fan...). Nice to see that things start to change and style takes over :)

Belo Horizonte house architecture is definetely not boring. You should leave Sao Paulo a bit...

In Belo Horizonte they don´t build those alphaville-villas with that design as they do in Sao Paulo.

Not mentioning that European detached houses are ugly and overpriced.

·
Optimum
9,977 Posts
Kuesel said:
That's true... never saw those in any parts of Brazil except around Mato Grosso.

Those architecture is totally international styled--- of very modern design and spacious feel --- this is the trend all around the world now... in Netherlands, or even Switzerland... architects are starting to build very well-designed architecture for those rich exurban elites--- but average citizen could NEVER afford these.

While in North America (I mean my area... around Manitoba or Saskatchewan)... it's rare to get these yet, when compared to Europe or to lesser extent, Brazil! That's because most of us could not afford the "design". North Americans are usually stick with their usual design, without much "innovation", rather we progressed the slowest in the past 25 years--- to keep our house price low... in contrary, other parts of the world, or in British Columbia, and Western US, they are more innovative in architecture--- It might be the reason why they are always very proud themselves... when you thought of American Design--- people in other country would eventually think of the West, or Texas, Florida... but never Minnesota or even Wisconsin.

·
Registered
128 Posts
What is contemporary today will become a ugly monster tomorrow. That reminds me Jacques Tati, in "Mon Oncle". I suppose you're Brazilian: look at Brasilia!

·
Banned
4,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
JOTA JOTA said:
What is contemporary today will become a ugly monster tomorrow. That reminds me Jacques Tati, in "Mon Oncle". I suppose you're Brazilian: look at Brasilia!

So let´s stay forever building old architecture, in case the modern become a monster in the future.

·
Optimum
9,977 Posts
Maria Theresa said:
So let´s stay forever building old architecture, in case the modern become a monster in the future.

Belo Horizonte... those super-rich now living in the best-designed mansion with international style!

·
Registered
81 Posts
why all these harsh words? in my opinion they look marvellous AND individual (apart from the one with the tiles) , much better than any mcmansion. and they seem to be affordable. problems may be that they look dull on gray days and that you have to paint them every three years in order to keep that white.
but you better have a nice view and no neighbours with that large windows ;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts