Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So as a starter for 10. What do people think we should call our city region (if anything other than LCR)? .... Liverpool Metropolitan Region (no much difference but I think it more apt and then the borough would be re-classed Central Liverpool and the other can keep the same identities as now (if they wish)

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
So as a starter for 10. What do people think we should call our city region (if anything other than LCR)? .... Liverpool Metropolitan Region (no much difference but I think it more apt and then the borough would be re-classed Central Liverpool and the other can keep the same identities as now (if they wish)
How about just Metropolitan Liverpool, Liverpool Metropolis, Conurban Liverpool. It should be two words, not 3.

·
Just something
9,270 Posts
The 'Liverpolitan' area...

Which has history.

·
Registered
9,274 Posts
London and Manchester are very good at pushing their names as a collective identity for their regions. In my view Liverpool (and we’re not alone if you consider Birmingham for example) should totally drop Merseyside and even the LCR and become Gtr Liverpool with a correction to the boundaries starting with Bootle and Knowsley being absorbed into the city proper.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.