SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
Joined
·
957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if there are any plans or renderings? I would like to see a system of canals, like a "Cajun Venice".
 

·
Civilization
Joined
·
2,713 Posts
I think they should rebuild New Orleans with a French-Cajun Design. Sorry I have no renderings.
 

·
GULF COAST TEXAN
Joined
·
226 Posts
Contrary to popular misconception, New Orleans is not "Cajun Country". You're mixing up your Zydeco with your Jazz, lol
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,889 Posts
Robert Stark said:
I was wondering if there are any plans or renderings? I would like to see a system of canals, like a "Cajun Venice".
You've been watching the news a bit much, IMO. I'm driving around on the same streets, in the same neighborhoods. The problem is, a large part of Orleans Parish and St. Bernard Parish flooded very deep. These are the areas of destruction where we are seeing, approximately 30% of the homes razed and the other 70% renovated. But, the street layout hasn't changed, and I see and hear no inkling of a "Cajun Venice." And as has been previously stated in this thread, New Orleans is outside of the strict cajun triangle in Central and Southern Louisiana. Cajuns don't live in New Orleans. If you could convince the Feds to chalk up another $300 or $400 Billion, we'll be more than happy to build a Venice of the South with protected canals.....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
571 Posts
I think they shoul rebuild it the way it used to be, but build more stable, attractive houses, and wide, glorious avenues and parks along main roads. That would be beautiful for any income level.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,889 Posts
seanlax5 said:
I think they shoul rebuild it the way it used to be, but build more stable, attractive houses, and wide, glorious avenues and parks along main roads. That would be beautiful for any income level.
That's what we are trying to do...it just takes time, effort, and money. Believe me, we love New Orleans. We know it is unique, and we love living here. Our hearts were broken by the natural event last year that killed over 1300 of our fellow friends, relatives, and citizens. Thanks for the good words and encouragement. We appreciate that, very much. Unfortunately, and it is hurtful, many in the Southeastern United States are against us and become more and more disgruntled when good news comes out of New Orleans. It seems that they want us to falter and take our companies and brightest citizens as we recover. Many become annoyed and agitated to hear of our post-Katrina success. But, as in any city, citizens will fight for their home and we are doing just that every day.
 
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Top