Skyscraper City Forum banner

Which country has improved the most in urban developing?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you could design something for your city, what would you do? (Only in things that have to do qith urban developing: bridges, tunnels, freeways, improving avenues.

Use your imagination, and post pics and designs you might be able to do so that you can show us. Also try to explain why would you do it, considering the problem that already exists.

Please try post as many a s you can: I don't know, the french should tell us about Paris perpherique, or Newyorkers about city improvements, or Mexico about building more junctions at even more controversial points...

·
Registered
57 Posts
well if i got to do something to kelowna i would put a tram line on the side of highway 97 from downtown to the airport/UBC and make a freeway belt around the city wit a second bridge connecting to the coq highway but its very unrealistic

·
Registered
140 Posts
Biggest International Airport, Metro, Bigger Outer Ring Road, Mass Transit upgrades, Hybrid only cars :).

·
Registered
5,586 Posts
If it was just one thing , I would have rebuilt the tram system that was existing before the 2nd world war , instead of not fixing it up (the city was mostly destryoed in WW2) and choosing the easy way out by using converted jeeps (jeepney) which did the job back than but 60 years later, we're paying for it now (the pollution, the inefficiency, lack of disipline etc)

·
Registered
405 Posts
I would undo some massive breakthroughs through the eastern part of the centre; in the sixties (I think) they built a very wide road right to the heart of the centre of the city (Wibautstraat-Weesperstraat). Destroying the beautiful neighbourhood that once was. Sometimes people here refer to Stalin or Ceaucescu.
Undo the disgusting town hall/opera building from the 80's. Same story as above.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts