SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 6872 Posts

·
Endorsed by the NRA
24,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is probably the biggest reconstruction project in Germany right now. The area around the Frauenkirche will be rebuilt in a classic and modern way which means that most buildings will be reconstructed along with some modern additions.

·
Streetwalker
7,025 Posts
^^ Me too! I cant wait to see it all completed. Its great to see that church reinstated considering it remained a pile of rubble for many decades. :eek:kay:

·
Αλέξανδρ&#
52,566 Posts
nice :applause: very well done, fantastic project to Dresden!!

·
Registered
736 Posts
Dresden is great, I love the initiative to rebuild this magnificent city. It's the only good choice. I was there last year, but I see there has been done a lot lately.

·
Endorsed by the NRA
24,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)

The brick buildings will later on look like this (white and yellow buildings + the round building at the corner)

No reconstructions in that street (can't have everything I guess)

The left side will be reconstructed while most of the rest will get a new look

Reactions: Highcliff

·
ryjek
1,594 Posts
I was in Dresden two months ago. This area looks very impressive. And the church is simply breathtaking, stunning. Dresden become a pearl again.

·
Endorsed by the NRA
24,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
This probably fits in here. Some pics of the interior of the reconstructed Frauenkirche:

Neumarkt

---> the area pictured above will eventually look like this

Reactions: Highcliff

·
Premium member
7,731 Posts
Fantastic project!

I wish, Frankfurt would get seomthing like this for its Altstadt as well. Unfortunately, the latest proposals look very unpromising.

1 - 20 of 6872 Posts