SkyscraperCity banner

61 - 80 of 1591 Posts

·
Banned
8,321 Posts

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Would be great if Potsdam is (ever) going to look like this again, but what/when is the reconstruction of the Stadtkanal finished?
Currently there isn't much going on. Looks like they want to finish the city palace first and continue with the canal afterwards.
Some bridges will hopefully get reconstructed too. The statues of the Breite Brücke for instance are preserved:

·
Endorsed by the NRA
SSC User of the Year 1987
24,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #71 ·

Reactions: Highcliff

·
Registered
184 Posts
Any news or photos of the Garnisonkirche?
Last I heard, the idiots who think Hitler will rise from the grave if it's rebuilt are still quite vocal.

Hence, no new news.

We can all be thankful, I suppose, that as of yet there are no plans to build any ugly modernist crap on the site either.

·
Registered
37 Posts
say it isn't so

Last I heard, the idiots who think Hitler will rise from the grave if it's rebuilt are still quite vocal.

Hence, no new news.

We can all be thankful, I suppose, that as of yet there are no plans to build any ugly modernist crap on the site either.[/QUOTE

I have lost all hope. First that hideous Speer facade of the Berliner Schloss, then the steps stupidity in the Potsdam Schloss, now this. There are some really sick minds out there and just as fanatical as Hitler. If only they would go back to their third world hell hole and take their protests with them.

Thank you Kampflamm for posting the update. At least a small bit of good news.

·
Endorsed by the NRA
24,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #75 ·
Don't know if I've already posted it in this thread but a foundation associated with the Siemens-family donated a million euros for the Garnisonkirche a month ago. Not enough to start construction though.

http://www.pnn.de/potsdam/659126/

·
Registered
37 Posts
Garnisonkirche

Don't know if I've already posted it in this thread but a foundation associated with the Siemens-family donated a million euros for the Garnisonkirche a month ago. Not enough to start construction though.

http://www.pnn.de/potsdam/659126/
I wish there was a way I could help financially. Unfortunately, like most of the world - I am out of work. I understand there is a "buy a brick" type of fund raiser. I read on one of the ways the libertards are trying to stop the construction is to ensure no public money is used to aid in the reconstruction.

God bless the Siemens family. Hopefully others will come through to help.

·
Endorsed by the NRA
24,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #79 ·
Video from mid-August:

Reactions: Highcliff
61 - 80 of 1591 Posts