·
!eccentric!
762 Posts
West? uhhh.. Barcelona?

·
Optimum
9,977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
haha, i thought of Lelystad also. But because you are from Hongkong i thought it was not possible. How could you have heard of a town called Lelystad? :D
In fact, right now I am still in Saskatoon. ;) By the end of this month, I would start working in Hong Kong. (A bit tricky it seems, however I had managed to familiarise the city and their Chinese characters and Cantonese)

Nevertheless, I know very little about cities in Netherlands. I had never been to this interesting country, probably because I once thought Dutch cities were the ugliest amongst Europe... I had fairly bad image about this low and flat country, however, I had seen numerous newer projects of Netherlands in the web, and this changed my mind.

One of the new towns caught my attention was Lelystad. As far as I know, Dutch cities are small... Lelystad is not particularly "small" for the country. I heard it is a larger new town not very far from Amsterdam, Utrecht, Apeldoorn and Zwolle, rather than a town "in the middle of nowhere".

·
Urban Struggle
5,240 Posts
Dutch cities are small?
There's somewhere between 20 and 25 100.000+ cities in the Netherlands, Lelystad is not among them.
It's true our capital Amsterdam is quite small (700.000+) for a country with a population of 16.3 million
My hometown is small, only 37K :cry:

·
Mainland Sea & Sky
6,242 Posts
Nicely designed ! Cool building !

1 - 8 of 8 Posts