Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since the airport moved to Chek Lap Kok (yes i know its been a while :) ),
is there any major redevelopment projects there? any new buildings there? and also is the height
restriction in bulidings still in place?

·
天豆
9,950 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
without further reclamation and the protecting the harbour movement ... there isn't much chance we see another ifc on island side anytime soon ...
it would be interesting to see how the change of policy in redevelopment
would affect the rate of regeneration in hong kong ...
i think when one island east is finished ...
the gap in rents between island east and central/wanchai would
further decrease ...

·
125,535 Posts
WANCH said:
Kowloon is under going alot of redevelopments. The most notable would be Union Square.
Union Square is not a redevelopment. There was nothing there before but sea.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
how about new building in the area that are there now but could not of been if the airport was still here?

·
17,980 Posts
jim_ozora said:
how about new building in the area that are there now but could not of been if the airport was still here?
Well there are high-rises surrounding the Kai-Tak area.

·
EiGhT 5 & tWo
4,142 Posts
WANCH said:
Kowloon is under going alot of redevelopments. The most notable would be Union Square.
I do agree with you that The Union Square is the most notable project though it cannot be seen as redevelopment, but I think the final design is quite mediocre!!!! The original design is much more impressive and imaginative.

·
125,535 Posts
There are a lot of smaller projects here and there. The big projects are all under planning, such as Kai Tak, with Vision City / Nina Tower probably the biggest one on the peninsula right now that is actually under construction.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts