SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
msg
7,913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This thread is to track redevelopment and development of different railway stations in Lucknow. The prominant and most important redevelopment is of Charbagh Railway Station. Besides Charbagh Railway Station many other station will be developed that includes Gomti Nagar, Transport Nagar, City Station etc.

·
Registered
104 Posts
When will the work actually start? we have read this too many times now but nothing on the ground i believe.
WE know lot of work is happening on the other railway stations like Daliganj,Lucknow city but Gomti Nagar and Charbagh are mostly in talks only.

·
msg
7,913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think this time its quite serious. My guess work might start anywhere between 12 to 18 months.

When will the work actually start? we have read this too many times now but nothing on the ground i believe.
WE know lot of work is happening on the other railway stations like Daliganj,Lucknow city but Gomti Nagar and Charbagh are mostly in talks only.

·
msg
7,913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Alamnagar station to undergo revamp

To decongest Charbagh railway station, Northern Railway (NR) has proposed to remodel Alamnagar station into a satellite station at an estimated cost of Rs 26 crore.
The revamped station will have extra track lines, waiting lounges, lifts and escalators. As of now, there are only three platforms and four tracks at Alamnagar station. They are used to halt and pass trains.

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com...on-to-undergo-revamp/articleshow/63623428.cms

·
msg
7,913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Museum to replace toilet outside Charbagh building

Finally action is taken and area cleaned.
-----------------------------------------------

LUCKNOW: The community toilet in front of Charbagh railway station building has been demolished and railways plans to construct a small museum at the spot by August.

The toilet in front of the imposing Charbagh railway station building was a major irritant to the passengers who complained of heavy stink in the area due to it. Scores of passengers had lodged complaints against the filthy and stinking stagnant water near the toilet which could have led to the outbreak of an epidemic.

Railway officials said that after construction of the museum, some artefacts like wagon wheels of heritage engines, models of heritage engine and the old equipment of railway’s engineering will be installed with written details of their use-.Divisional railway manager (DRM) of northern railway, Lucknow division, Satish Kumar said that there were many complaints that the toilet was spreading stink all over the campus which troubled passengers. People avoided walking on that road because of filthy stagnant water that collected at the spot. We tried to fix the issue several times but it became a recurring problem. So, we installed three pairs of modular toilets with proper water supply and sanitation as an option for people.

I decided to demolish the toilet and establish a small museum to attract passengers as the railway station building is historical and has many stories, said Kumar.

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com...de-charbagh-building/articleshow/63778117.cms

·
Banned
6,535 Posts
the concourse of charbagh station looks a lot like St Pancras station. I will be pretty happy if thats how it will finally be done

1 - 20 of 29 Posts