Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Oh No He Didn't
5,297 Posts

·
Registered
4,943 Posts
The brickwork on The Bank is intended to evoke old college stadiums and complement Oriole Park. Inside, can't imagine what they mean about a retro design. Football isn't like baseball in that regard.
From the article jam5 linked:

Snyder did not specify whether the new stadium would be in D.C., Maryland or Virginia, but said he wanted it to have a retro feel, like FedEx Field’s predecessor, RFK Stadium.

Read more: http://www.wjla.com/articles/2014/0...washington-redskins-106534.html#ixzz3BqGKR65w

Sounds like a gambit to finally change the conversation from being about the team name (which will never change) to something else. Clever guy.

·
PRESIDENT OF SPACE
1,794 Posts
RFK stadium still exists. They could, you know, modernize it?

·
Oh No He Didn't
5,297 Posts
i don't think Daniel Snyder knows what he wants.....lol
Personally I think Dan Snyder is just doing this because he thinks it will increase the chances of the Redskins somehow making it into the Superbowl, just like replacing the coaches every season. :nuts: :lol:

·
Bad Moon Rising
325 Posts
Personally I think Dan Snyder is just doing this because he thinks it will increase the chances of the Redskins somehow making it into the Superbowl, just like replacing the coaches every season. :nuts: :lol:
As long as Danny Boy is the owner, the closest the Redskins will ever get to the Superbowl, is by hosting one at FedEx Field.

·
Registered
115 Posts
My father's side of my family is Native American. He HATED the name and the team. Had a shirt similar to this in the 80s/90s before it became cool to hate them. If this is raciest then why isn't the current name?

1 - 20 of 74 Posts