SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tonights Yep:


"More City Offices to be turned into homes"

LCC has approved plans for the conversion of offices to be turned to apartments on Regent St.

An entirely new 3rd and 4th floor will be added, along with a 7 storey building next to the existing site. In total 272 apartments will be built.


The rendering shown looks impressive, and will make a fine addition to the newly emerging Northern Quarter, next to the North St/Concord St developments. Must be a 1000 apartments plus being developed in this part of the city centre.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
102 Posts
I also read the YEP and the renderings do like nice.

Will make a welcome addition to the newly developing Northern quarter. This area will come into its own in the next few years.

Concord Street is nearing completion too.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,028 Posts
There's been scaffolding going up on Regent's Park House for the last couple of days. I assume the redevelopment is about to begin, which would be just as well since the building is now looking decidedly tatty.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,378 Posts
aviator said:
There's been scaffolding going up on Regent's Park House for the last couple of days. I assume the redevelopment is about to begin, which would be just as well since the building is now looking decidedly tatty.
Yes demolition work is now going on. The 20/20 development, if in fact it is a separate scheme (and it appears to be from the renderings) , must be very nearby. I like the way that what was known as the Leylands has now been renamed the Northern Quarter ! Does that sound any better or more gentrified?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,028 Posts
Fred2 said:
Yes demolition work is now going on. The 20/20 development, if in fact it is a separate scheme (and it appears to be from the renderings) , must be very nearby. I like the way that what was known as the Leylands has now been renamed the Northern Quarter ! Does that sound any better or more gentrified?
More estate agency speak, if you ask me, although telling people you live in the Leylands sounds a bit Hyacinth Bucket, don't you think? The builders are certainly cracking on with Regent's Park House, though. The top two floors seemed to have been gutted when I drove past this morning.

Still no news on where 20/20 is going to be??
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,378 Posts
aviator said:
More estate agency speak, if you ask me, although telling people you live in the Leylands sounds a bit Hyacinth Bucket, don't you think? The builders are certainly cracking on with Regent's Park House, though. The top two floors seemed to have been gutted when I drove past this morning.

Still no news on where 20/20 is going to be??
Yes - there is a lot of snobbery involved, though hardly anyone has lived in the Leylands since 1936 (there is one small scale council post war residential development called Lady Park). Incidentally, the first slum clearance of (part of) the Leylands took place as long ago as 1906/7 including Templar Street. Much of that street has never been built on since and when the new Harewood Quarter is complete it will have been undeveloped for more than a century - a waste of scarce land resources I would have thought.

The only information about 20/20 I could elicit is that it is to be in the Skinner Lane/Regent Street area - which I had already gathered.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,378 Posts
Fred2 said:
Yes - there is a lot of snobbery involved, though hardly anyone has lived in the Leylands since 1936 (there is one small scale council post war residential development called Lady Park). Incidentally, the first slum clearance of (part of) the Leylands took place as long ago as 1906/7 including Templar Street. Much of that street has never been built on since and when the new Harewood Quarter is complete it will have been undeveloped for more than a century - a waste of scarce land resources I would have thought.

The only information about 20/20 I could elicit is that it is to be in the Skinner Lane/Regent Street area - which I had already gathered.

Sorry, that council residential development (which I think may actually be a housing association scheme) is called Lady Beck.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,378 Posts
I note approval is being sought for a six storey block of 30 flates in Skinner Lane. I think this will be the fifth development either u/c or proposed for that immediate area of the Northern Quarter (aka the Leylands).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,378 Posts
I note what is another development - the fifth or sixth - in this immediate vicinity SkinnerLane/ Regent Street:-

Application 20/325/05/FU
Received on 06/07/2005
Description
part 8 and 9 storey block comprising 37 flats ground and first floor office and with ground floor car parking
Location
15 LEYLANDS ROAD LEEDS 3077-3424 LS2 1AR MAJ
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
431 Posts
Dont like them, they look tacky in my opinion, and this area already has flats like that next to building college, I hope there isnt loads of these in the next 10 years.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
716 Posts
The apartments at Citisace (Regent Park House ) are nothing like those at Concord Street or Lovell House.
These apartments are most akin to the Smart pads at West Point, except that here there is a whole development of them.
There is a show apartment available I believe.

sorry no pics at this time
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
571 Posts
I hope it doesn't look like the concord street development, that's what worried me when I saw the coloured balconies.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
716 Posts
It's a different developer but you're right about the colouring. Seems to be a trend for the area as Lovell House (same developer as Concord St, Citywall) has coloured glazing to parts of the building too.
 
1 - 20 of 39 Posts
Top