SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Construction is underway on Remuera's newest boutique retirement lifestyle village offering the latest in high quality retirement living for people over 65 years of age. Set in a unique residential setting within the established leafy, landscaped surroundings of Broadway Park, Remuera Rise offers views to iconic Rangitoto and the beautiful Hauraki Gulf. This prime location enables easy pedestrian access to Newmarket shopping, medical and health services and is only a few hundred metres away from the brand new Newmarket Railway Station. When complete this retirement village will consist of 62 independent living apartments with extensive community facilities and boutique care facility.

·
Registered
583 Posts
I'm surprised no one has complained about the wall of highrises blocking views!!

Seriously, whenever anyone complains about Auckland's inability to do high rise / dense living they should be pointed towards Newmarket Park

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
One of my most favourite streets in Auckland, I love how it connects with the train station and the high street - as well as the wall of fabulous apartments :cheers:

·
2,220 Posts
Every time I see apartments anywhere near the city fringe that look up to standard it inevitably is a retirement home. It's like all developers decided that apartments are for either students (when they're crappy) or the elderly (when they're quality apartments in good locations). We need more Sugartrees.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
So the question is, how do we get retirement apartment developers to do the same kinds of buildings for everyone else.

·
Registered
8,492 Posts
Every time I see apartments anywhere near the city fringe that look up to standard it inevitably is a retirement home. It's like all developers decided that apartments are for either students (when they're crappy) or the elderly (when they're quality apartments in good locations). We need more Sugartrees.
Probably due to the fact that cashed up baby boomers are over represented in Auckland?

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
I dare David Seymour and Bill Ralston to come at these with wrecking balls. :nuts:

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
I dare David Seymour and Bill Ralston to come at these with wrecking balls. :nuts:
It's not often that character is regained with wrecking balls. Whether this structure is a net gain or a net loss to society depends in part on what was there before and how many people were affected. I only vaguely remember this specific area - from what I recall it was pretty shitty and there were other similarly bulky structures already there. So unless I'm missing something, in this particular circumstance -> net gain!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts