Skyscraper City Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot
55,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A new 450 room Renaissance Hotel is slated to rise at a site near the dual Marriotts opposite Staples Center:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Opening 2017: New Renaissance Hotel to Add 450 Rooms to South Park in Downtown LA

Posted on May 29, 2014

Exciting developments continue to keep the momentum strong in Downtown LA’s South Park district. Marriott’s new dual-brand-under-one-roof 23-story hotel tower — a Courtyard and a Residence Inn — is accepting its first hotel guest reservations starting this June 1. But thank goodness it doesn’t end there as a new $200 million Renaissance Hotel is slated to rise 21 stories directly next door to the Courtyard/Residence Inn.

[...]

A groundbreaking timeline is still uncertain as the developer Williams/Dame — the same developer as the Courtyard/Residence Inn — secures financing.

http://buildinglosangeles.blogspot.com/2013/12/check-out-downtowns-renaissance-hotel.html

·
L O S A N G E L E S
6,590 Posts
Maybe it'll look good uh, from a distance?
It's okay, it's just something that would have
been put up in 1960s South Lake Tahoe.

Isn't there someone at City Hall we can slap?

·
Registered
18,898 Posts
Maybe it'll look good uh, from a distance?
It's okay, it's just something that would have
been put up in 1960s South Lake Tahoe.

Isn't there someone at City Hall we can slap?
Does have that look. I wonder if they plan a lake and some skiing?

Is there rally going to be that much room around it? Isn't it between the new Courtyard hotel and existing high rises?

·
Seeker of the Truth
730 Posts
I like it, except for that circle thing on top. Seriously, what is that? What purpose does it serve? It looks so random and out of place, it really bugs my OCD.

·
Administrator
30,074 Posts
I like it, except for that circle thing on top. Seriously, what is that? What purpose does it serve? It looks so random and out of place, it really bugs my OCD.
City ordinance requires helipads on all buildings for rescues/fire etc. That is why you don't see spires on buildings, they're all flat.

·
Silver Lake
5,451 Posts
Suburban Revival.

·
Registered
136 Posts

·
Registered
18,898 Posts
It would appear that this project is dead.

http://www.latimes.com/business/realestate/la-fi-property-report-marriott-20150305-story.html

"Previous plans called for AEG to sell the site to a developer who would build a 350-room Renaissance hotel. AEG decided to retain ownership of the land and fund its own, larger hotel development, said Todd Goldstein, the company's chief revenue officer.?
So do we open a thread for the new, larger hotel development that is replacing it?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.