SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 167 Posts

·
21,369 Posts
Great update minymina! :cheers1:

Looks like they're building some kind of interchange on highway 50 (Cairo-Suez), probably to connect the highway with the new city. :cheers:

I love the renders too, can't help but notice that the name Wedian, "Valleys", appears in several of them. Is that official?

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I love the renders too, can't help but notice that the name Wedian, "Valleys", appears in several of them. Is that official?
I can't 100% verify if anything is official but they seem to be.

The source of these photos is the 5+UDC Facebook page. A consortium of 5 Egyptian engineering firms that is heavily involved in the project.

The page is not verified tho so I have no way of telling if the FB is associated with 5+UDC. Their site doesn't link to it either. It most likely is but I just want to state that so it won't cause any confusion down the line.

·
21,369 Posts
They've got even more renders on their official website, which also cites the name "Wedian": http://www.udc5.com/project/wedian-new-capital-city/

It could just be a placeholder name, but it's not a bad name. But then again, anything is better than New New Cairo. :lol:

I love the arch, really hope that one gets built like it is in the render.

·
21,369 Posts
5+ UDC is spoiling us, best coverage by far.

1st Phase Residential Area (الوادى السكنى R3)

·
21,369 Posts
The more I think about it the more I like the naming system. The way all the "wadis" add up to become "Wedian", it's a creative way to name the various districts in a completely deserted area with no historical names; Wadi El Sakan, Wadi El A3mal, Wadi El Mal, Wadi El 3alam etc.

I would be thrilled if we had this level of urban planning in existing cities.

·
21,369 Posts
I honestly doubt there are any contractors in Egypt that can build such futuristic buildings, but I would like to be proven wrong. I guess Orascom might, but this would be new even to them. So far construction in this residential section (R3) looks more or less the same as anywhere else in Egypt. There's nothing more "modern" about it, I think it's better to have realistic expectations to avoid disappointment. :lol:

1 - 20 of 167 Posts