SkyscraperCity banner

101 - 120 of 167 Posts

·
21,368 Posts
This project is just awesome and impressive ! Glad to see an Arab-African country like Egypt :)
Cheers Boulboul01, you'll have to come visit when it's finished! :cheers1:

·
Registered
311 Posts
It's a shame that we're not getting much updates on the capital. Any men of the ground we can deploy?

·
21,368 Posts
It's a shame that we're not getting much updates on the capital. Any men of the ground we can deploy?
Unfortunately not, most of our updates are from secondary and tertiary sources. The Ministry of Housing is quite active on social media though and they're posting videos and pictures regularly, even drone footage.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Here are the renders that won the design competition held by the New Administrative Capital company two days ago, a lot more images here (Arabic Source)
Forgot to mention that they said it's heavily influenced by ancient Egyptian identity, there's a video that i saw a few hours ago with names such as "Cleopatra Square" and "Amun-Ra Square", i'll try to find it and post it here later.
(EDIT: There it is)

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #118
Here are the renders that won the design competition held by the New Administrative Capital company two days ago, a lot more images here (Arabic Source)
Forgot to mention that they said it's heavily influenced by ancient Egyptian identity, there's a video that i saw a few hours ago with names such as "Cleopatra Square" and "Amun-Ra Square", i'll try to find it and post it here later.
(EDIT: There it is)
Was just about to post this myself. Thanks for sharing.

In terms of the designs, they are indeed said to be heavily influenced by ancient Egyptian identity but they all look like contemporary art pieces.
I do love the open spaces.

101 - 120 of 167 Posts