41 - 58 of 58 Posts

·
I Love Chicago!
10,956 Posts
^^ Oh? What was it labeled as before?

·
Skyscraper
281 Posts
I would like to lodge a report on a FLOOD OF SPAM that's happening in Megatalls forum lobby. Maybe a mod can permaban the spammer and his IP address forever.

·
Registered
3,135 Posts
I would like to lodge a report on a FLOOD OF SPAM that's happening in Megatalls forum lobby. Maybe a mod can permaban the spammer and his IP address forever.
That happens all the time, I'm afraid. It's the top forum of SSC, so naturally spambots go there a lot.

My suggestion would be to require mod approval to create a thread in this section. How often are legitimate threads made here anyway? Megatalls being proposed is not an everyday occurrence, while flood spamming happens several times a week.

·
descendant of dragon 龍的傳人
96,062 Posts
Its been going for years and theres nothing we can do to stop the spammers from re register, the best way to do is report them and we will del and ban them.

·
whitest boy in the delta
13,139 Posts
well there is only baishizhou left and that still hasn't been moved although new renders already confirm a downscale and it is close to Shenwan which has a height limit of 400m above sea level to begin with

Reactions: Dale

·
Registered
646 Posts
CTBUH has officially listed this as CANCELLED:

·
Registered
3,135 Posts
That leaves Jeddah Tower as the only pre-financial crisis Megatall proposal that hasn't been downscaled, cancelled, or finished, if I'm not entirely mistaken. Although that one is definitely hovering in limbo too, but its exact fate is yet to be determined.

·
Registered
3,135 Posts
Sorry for double post, but I'd like to follow up my summary post from yesterday in the discussion thread:

PUERTO PRINCESA | Princesa Tower | 680m | 2231ft | 128 fl | Pro
This one should probably be labeled a Vision for the following reasons:
  • The tower was proposed by a small construction company that's not even close to have the funds necessary to build it.
  • Its funding method is said to be "crowd sourced". You can barely build a garden shed through crowd sourcing, never mind a skyscraper.
  • No documentation for the tower exists except one YouTube video from almost two years ago. The channel has 181 subscribers.
  • This is an excerpt from the proposal, punctuation and all:
Puerto Princesa City is one of the safest places on earth to host skyscraper buildings, safe from destructive forces of nature, and environmental hazards, no history of strong earthquakes, tsunami, and super typhoons.
Princesa Tower is a potential modern Philippine landmark, …a towering 680 meters tall,…128 floors of mixed occupancies:..such as : Corporate Offices,.. luxurious hotels, Presidential suites,..restaurants,… shopping mall,… food centers,.. function rooms,.. recreational,.. entertainment,.. resort,.. open sky park,.. sky ride,.. telecom and media centers.
Princesa Tower promises iconic leadership with features not known and seen before in any architectural digest and existing iconic buildings in the world.
“FIRST” highest Open Sky Park at 501 meters,…
”FIRST” highest and the longest Glass Walk at 500 meters,….
“FIRST” highest Sky ride at 555 meters,….
and the “FIRST” highest Public Food Court at 508 meters,….
The open sky park can host the “FIRST” highest zumba dance exercise at 501 meters above the ground during weekends,…can accommodate 1,000 to 1,500 zumba dancers from all over the world via online booking.
It reads like a bad SSC post. If they've spent so little thought on the presentation of the tower, they probably don't have the organization necessary to actually build it.

SEOUL | Yongsan International Business District | 621m | 2037ft | Pro
This one looks like it should be closed or moved somewhere else. The Megatall was apparently removed from the project master plan, according to this post: SEOUL | Yongsan International Business District | 621m |...

SHENZHEN | Baishizhou Redevelopment | 600m | 1968ft | 350m x 8 | 1148ft x 8 | 250m x 10 | 820ft x 10 | Pro
Move to Supertalls. The new proposal is 3x450 m, according to the latest post in the thread. And that's still above the height limit in the area.

HANOI | Phuong Trach Tower | 600m | 108 fl | 1968ft | Pro
I'm not sure what's going on with this one. It was originally proposed in 2016, but the thread was made last year (one year ago, to the day). The latest news are from 2019. Is it a part of an ongoing masterplan? Is there a developer? A timeline? A budget? No proposal to move it just yet, but someone really ought to look into how serious this one actually is.

41 - 58 of 58 Posts