Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone who'd like to give a try? It's a stadium for clasically 2nd league team, Olimpia Satu Mare.

1. Requirements:

- capacity of 8000 with possibility of extension to 12.000
- keep costs to a maximum of 15 million euro
- be creative with the 2nd stand
- make a simple roof, good for natural illumination

2. Area:

- https://goo.gl/maps/MnWHEnPQDnC2 current stadium area
- https://goo.gl/maps/nKdjhK9DP622 a possible area with a former stadium

If anyone interested, I'll answer any questions.

·
Registered
27 Posts
hey maxi1921,
Satu Mare seems to be a really nice city.

Could you please answer a few questions

What about the houses on the top left corner on my posted image? Is this place available for parking lots?

8000 = all seater ?
Which stand prefer the Ultras (North, East, South, West) ?
Which Logo is the prefered one. There are some with more orange / blue colors and some with yellow / darker blue.
Is there a need for a big mainstand with offices, etc?

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The empty area in the north west area used to/belongs to an army facilty, which, I think, will get closed down, so it might be available for parking lots.

All seater, yes.
The ultras stay at the 2nd stand (west).
Basics only for the main stand: press room, lockers, showers, referees' lockers, equipment storage room and such.

This is the new logo of the just fan re-created team.

·
PompeY2J
1,674 Posts

Taking a short break from my city project to work on this. Capacity across these three stands is 8900, plus 30 wheelchair spaces. There will be a stand at the other end, bringing capacity to around 12,000. There's a few neat little design features coming soon. I might reverse some of the colouring on the letters, as I did those first and filled the rest in afterwards.

·
PompeY2J
1,674 Posts

Just a small update today. Main stand facilities are in place, expansion stand is in place, bringing the capacity to 12,024. That will come down slightly when I add the wheelchair spaces to that stand, but it will be close enough to 12k exact.

·
PompeY2J
1,674 Posts
In the current stadium, to the left of the main stand.
Thanks for that.

Since the last update, I have added lighting, both field lighting and secondary stand lighting, small video screens at either end, pitchside advertising pillars, and concourse structures. Tomorrow, I hope to add crowds, accommodations and the facade, depending on when I'm free.

Not a huge fan of the field lighting, I will see what I can do about that later.

·
PompeY2J
1,674 Posts
Glad you're liking it

A few things to note from this - the pitch now has goals and corner flags, there is now a net behind the goals, and there is a special backing to the rear of the stand.

Work on the main stand - in keeping with the traditional theme, I added fake greek-styled text to it.

Building up the facade on the end stand. It's quite basic. Louvres above solid windows.

Wider view of it.

I will get more of the work done later this evening, though the accommodations are already in place. No picture.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I have to mention that I don't think there is any connection of our team to Greece (besides the name, of course) or at least we dont know how the original founders settled for this name, so I would say the name in greek isnt be necessary.

·
PompeY2J
1,674 Posts
I have to mention that I don't think there is any connection of our team to Greece (besides the name, of course) or at least we dont know how the original founders settled for this name, so I would say the name in greek isnt be necessary.
Don't worry - it's less about the name and more about the architectural style. A lot of buildings in that style have either a greek or latin inscription. Admittedly, this is neither, it's a font called Symbol that puts out a bunch of symbols in place of some of the letters.

Last night I was able to get the crowd and the start of the flares in. It will look a lot better rendered and when I get around to separating out the components.

·
PompeY2J
1,674 Posts

I'm not sure there's much more for me to do on this project. I had wanted to add the surrounds but the imagery I was able to procure was too low resolution to really allow for that. There aren't any dugouts but I don't think they're too important. I will get around to rendering this project one day.

Regardless, I had a lot of fun working on it and I was really pleased with how it turned out for a week or so of work.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts