SkyscraperCity banner

21 - 40 of 55 Posts

·
6,399 Posts
Alright, I'm pretty good with photoshop, so I thought I'd have a go. I haven't put them all in yet, and I'm sorry if I didn't get some of them in quite the right position. I was really suprised with the results though - you're right Sky, this will be a big change for the Sydney skyline

·
Wolf in sheep's clothing
3,222 Posts
Love it. Looks futuristic. Kinda post apocalyptic. We've run out of raw materials so we use scraps and recycled construction debris to build our city.

Alright, I'm pretty good with photoshop, so I thought I'd have a go. I haven't put them all in yet, and I'm sorry if I didn't get some of them in quite the right position. I was really suprised with the results though - you're right Sky, this will be a big change for the Sydney skyline

·
Registered
72,346 Posts
Nothing wrong with looking at the model:
that's about as accurate as your going to get. very hard to predict what a skyline will be like

·
Registered
14,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #26

Thanks for that.

A few of the buildings in your mock up are taller than proposed or not quite in the right spot, but it's good to see some of the impact!

·
6,399 Posts
^^Umm, thanks :) Perhaps I should make it clear that I was joking, especially the part about how good I was at photoshop. I thought my attempt was ridiculous enough that I could play it deadpan, without use of smileys. And it's a miracle any of them are near the right spot, cause I had no idea about most of them :lol: Looks like I've inspired the first serious contender though - xing lin done good. Maybe I should have made mine even more ridiculous, after all, this was recently deemed good enough to publish in a newspaper:

·
Registered
14,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
BEFORE

Sydney from Balmain by r.f cowper

AFTER
Here's my attempt
This looks great, thanks!

The only slight change would be Renzo Piano's designs for One Sydney Harbour at Barangaroo.

505 George will have a significant effect on the southern end of the Sydney CBD. It is part of a nice little crop of 200m+ towers in the 3 blocks bound by Bathurst, Castlereagh, Goulburn and Kent Streets.

Is it possible for you to do a mock up from the east as well? From this angle, we'll get a better indication of the impact of projects like 182 George, Quay Quarter Tower and 1 Alfred Street.

An Evil day in Sydney by Scottmh, on Flickr

·
Registered
14,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
^^Umm, thanks :) Perhaps I should make it clear that I was joking, especially the part about how good I was at photoshop. I thought my attempt was ridiculous enough that I could play it deadpan, without use of smileys. And it's a miracle any of them are near the right spot, cause I had no idea about most of them :lol: Looks like I've inspired the first serious contender though - xing lin done good. Maybe I should have made mine even more ridiculous, after all, this was recently deemed good enough to publish in a newspaper:

:lol:

I thought you were joking but I didn't want to can an effort someone has made, especially considering it's better than anything I could do!!

·
Registered
14,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Here are some more renders of 1 Alfred Street

The sale of One Alfred Street has a website and is being marketed as No.1 Sydney on Circular Quay. Note, this isn't for apartment sales, but the sale of the building.

http://www.no1sydney.com/

VIDEO
http://www.no1sydney.com/the-video/

PICTURES
http://www.no1sydney.com/photo-gallery/

Shows the Kerry Hill design in a better light than what we've seen previously.

Screen Shot 2014-10-12 at 9.14.39 PM by Sky_Is_The_Limit1, on Flickr

Screen Shot 2014-10-12 at 9.14.30 PM by Sky_Is_The_Limit1, on Flickr

Screen Shot 2014-10-12 at 9.14.57 PM by Sky_Is_The_Limit1, on Flickr

Screen Shot 2014-10-12 at 9.15.07 PM by Sky_Is_The_Limit1, on Flickr

Screen Shot 2014-10-12 at 9.15.22 PM by Sky_Is_The_Limit1, on Flickr

A 100% freehold interest in No.1 Sydney (One Alfred Street) is available to purchase via the International Expressions of Interest campaign closing at 3pm (AEDT) on Thursday 6 November 2014.

The website notes development clauses in all current leases which allow for vacant possession in 2016.

·
Sydney: World's best city
40,696 Posts
Crown Sydney appears a bit too tall in that shot but apart from that, Sydney's CBD from the north looks like its going to explode in size with all the development concentrated towards that end of the city.

·
I ♥ NSW 2150
I ❤ NSW 2150
1,262 Posts
This thread sure is a blast from the past for me! I am glad to say my photoshopping and sketchup skills have improved since :)

From left to right:
260m 338 Pitt (envelope only), 237m Greenland Centre, 270m 505 George Street, 305m 56 Pitt (envelope only), 235m 55 Pitt (envelope only), 263m Salesforce Tower, 198m One Circular Quay, 247m One Sydney Harbour, and 271m Crown Hotel Sydney!

21 - 40 of 55 Posts