SkyscraperCity banner

41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
I ♥ NSW 2150
I ❤ NSW 2150
1,270 Posts
Thank you Sky!! :cheers:

From left to right:
260m 338 Pitt (envelope only), 237m Greenland Centre, 270m 505 George Street, 305m 56 Pitt (envelope only), 235m 55 Pitt (envelope only), 263m Salesforce Tower, 198m One Circular Quay, 247m One Sydney Harbour, and 271m Crown Hotel Sydney!
Bumping for this page

·
Registered
72,394 Posts
sweet baby jesus 4 years between posts. lolz.
sydney 2025 will be a much diffrnt skyline indeed. alot taller then currently

·
Registered
72,394 Posts
remember sydneys proper skyine includes north sydney too!
its like posting melbournes skyline without southbank?
theres only a water feature seperating them
some 200--300 skyscrapers are in north sydney and now up to 180m tall. quite significant

·
I ♥ NSW 2150
I ❤ NSW 2150
1,270 Posts
^^ good point! As a Parramatian I've only just gotten the hang of what's going on in Sydney CBD, let alone all that's happening in North Sydney! I love the expansive twin skylines with the Harbour in between, exciting to take it all in.

·
BRUSSEAU
1,666 Posts
Does anyone know anything about the deal to build skyscrapers up to 330 m in the CBD? I saw a headline but the website had a paywall

·
Registered
72,394 Posts
Added 1 Alfred!
hi xing, just with this rendering.i thought id indicate true heights

with 1alfred,its 10m higher then grosvenor place
and CQT is so much taller at 266m
also the slanted roof of QQ is 219m which is same height as GPT first roof behind

·
I ♥ NSW 2150
I ❤ NSW 2150
1,270 Posts
hi xing, just with this rendering.i thought id indicate true heights

with 1alfred,its 10m higher then grosvenor place
and CQT is so much taller at 266m
also the slanted roof of QQ is 219m which is same height as GPT first roof behind
Ah, thanks for the pointers! I have no idea what I was thinking with heights when I made that- I don't think I knew enough about the heights at all. I must have been a Year 9 kid four years ago, cutting and pasting bits of official renders to make that photomontage.

I've gone back and re-done that render! With the addition of the 305-330m Dexus tower envelope block- what a skyline this will be!

·
Here we go again
942 Posts
Does anyone know anything about the deal to build skyscrapers up to 330 m in the CBD? I saw a headline but the website had a paywall
Yep, the height limit has indeed been raised to 330 metres. That's some old news though. But that's really the absolute max any building can (or will ever go i reckon) in Sydney, and that height limit only applies to a select few areas in the CBD, mainly the north.

56 Pitt street is quite a recent proposal that sits in one of these sites, and has all of the potential to reach the maximum limit

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
If building under 330 metres my guess hammerhead crane cannot higher than 330 metres but only in days 10 metres (340 metres) would be 325 metres rooftop.

325 metres 102 floors resident or 325 metres 91 floors hotel or 325 metres 76 floors office.

Just idea if happen in future.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Not sure where to put these. This is a series of google earth snaps I took last night with 6 Barangaroo towers at Glebe Island, ranging in height from RL 188m to 288m. I’m guessing there would be PAN-OPS issues, but it’s fun as an idea to explore.

Sorry if these aren’t sized correctly:

·
Registered
526 Posts
Also they seem to load in a random order. Sorry for all the excuses eh. I’ve probably posted a few pics twice as well.

41 - 55 of 55 Posts