SkyscraperCity banner

41 - 60 of 69 Posts

·
Explorer
676 Posts
^^Wla man gud ta'y thread nga muhaom ana nila.. technically dili sila skyscrapers pero lain sad kaayo kung dili sila i-show nga multi-billion projects mana.. naa man gali thread mga bus, dalan ug shopping malls .. :lol::lol::lol: take the honor bro... I suggest Cebu New Landmarks or Cebu Modern Structural Landmarks.. :):):)

·
Ang pula og ang puti
726 Posts
I think this building doesn't qualify as historical.
My young child is surely older than the foundation of this building ;)

·
Ang pula og ang puti
726 Posts
I think there is no need to rename the thread.
Just move the picture of ToL into the Cebu main thread - considering it's height, it qualifies as a mid-rise tourist attracting edifice IMO ;)

·
Banned
865 Posts
You can call Simala Church or Castle na ba na siya and the Temple of Leah as history-maker building structures. Who would have thought nga duna ta ana nga mga building styles sa Cebu or sa Pinas? It's thinking way out of the box. Isn't that what many Cebuanos are known for nowadays especially the millennials?

·
Registered
954 Posts
Is Cebu / Mactan preparing for the 500th anniversary of circumnavigation of the globe? Or maybe mas appropriate to celebrate ang 500th anniversary ng heroism ni Lapu Lapu. This year, I know Sevilla will be commemorating the 500th anniversary of Magellan's departure to find a new route to the Spice Islands. They will have festivities till 2021 to commemorate naman El Cano's return.

·
Banned
865 Posts
NHCP is planning a Lapu-lapu park ala Luneta kuno sa SRP to commemorate the 500th foundation year of Cebu. We'll see if they have enough time to finish it to earn their pogi points for this historic celebration.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
An overhaul of the whole park is required...

A Lapu Lapu Shrine that Befits a Small Island Chieftain who became the First Freedom Fighter who stood up & fought and won over a Foreign Invaders...

The Main Road Parking, Side Street Entrance are littered with Dog Pooh, Garish Machete Arching over...

Two VIP Rooms are more School Rooms for kids than Foreign Diplomats....

Toilets are Non Flushing....

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Cebu City on the other hand got no evident Open Spaces for Masses or Parade Ground for the Sinulog except for the Streets.. if there is one - my apology for the wrong assumption...

I was there the beginning of Sinulog 2020 and the Masses of People were congregations of devotees in cordoned off Streets (spread out in a couple of streets) with most public & private vehicles were diverted or rerouted...

While devotees who would like to see the Inside of the Basilica Minore (or even the outside streets are too crowded to approac ) are prevented to do so for the limited numbers of devotees who could be admitted inside...

I hope the Archbishopric of Cebu, the Governor of Cebu & the Mayor of Cebu could come to an agreement to find a bigger and safer public space so more tourists could join in the festivities...

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
The Fort of San Pedro will require of a rethink for its continued purpose other than a glorified Restored Fort...

It’s exhibit are only for a gallery of paintings assuming how would the 1521 personages might looked like...

There is a stinking Well with a Statue of a Virgin - it’s open to the elements so praying while the heaven was heavily pouring is not ideal or contemplative...
the ramparts could be walked but I did not have a chance to see how it was...

When Malacanang sa Sugbo get fixed hopefully they Restorer will incorporate a purpose for this Beautiful Fort...

41 - 60 of 69 Posts