SkyscraperCity banner

61 - 69 of 69 Posts

·
Banned
601 Posts
the creation of a festival arena and grounds outside the old city proper is the only solution. srp could have been the ideal site where they hold the canonization mass for san pedro calungsod. but it was demolished. it could have been created into a religious theme park of the archdiocese of cebu showcasing its historical roots and connection to the vatican: Via Vaticana Park.

·
living the good life
1,523 Posts
what are you thoughts on demolishing the dict building and cebu post office beside malacanang and convert it into a linear park- that way the plaza and the fort will have an opening to the sea?

View attachment 279926

·
Banned
601 Posts
if that building is more than 50 years old, i don't think that's easy to demolish without the heritage and culture organization fighting for it to be preserved

·
Banned
601 Posts
nakalimut na siguro ko sa hitsura sa building but I remembered pailis mi ug dollar diha sa post office sa pier sa una when my father was still working in the middle east.
if they want to preserve that building, ilang e uniform ang renovation design like the aduana building or malacanang sa sugbo.

·
Seine Durchlaucht
1,398 Posts
what are you thoughts on demolishing the dict building and cebu post office beside malacanang and convert it into a linear park- that way the plaza and the fort will have an opening to the sea?

View attachment 279926
I think further research is needed to determine whether the Central Post Office building has some historical or cultural significance. But at face value, I don’t quite see it. It’s a dull, nondescript building I’d like to go.

Further in are just a jumble of structures one of which occupied by Ang Dating Daan. I’m not sure if there are also shanties but the whole thing looks like a small shantytown, choking & defacing the fort.

The only building certainly worth preserving in that area is the Pilot Station built in 1947.

I also explored this idea of reconnecting the fort to the sea, or at least a clear line of sight, in my undergraduate thesis. I strongly felt it should be brought back—the walls of Fort San Pedro used to touch the waters of the harbour until the Americans built muelles on two sides for the expansion of the ports.

·
Banned
601 Posts
the city has its own historical commission that determines which is building is worth preserving and which one needs to go. i think if the building is not safe then it must go.

61 - 69 of 69 Posts