SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a plan lunched by SCTA, the outline of it is restoring the historic city centers without destroying, remodeling it or even touching it.

Riyadh 2nd City Center - Diriyah

The suggested model

------

Hafuf City Center

The suggested model

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Jeddah City Center

The suggested model

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Majamah City Center

Taif City Center

·
Registered
6,544 Posts
Wow..! That's such a good idea :applause: A bit late but still it deserves some rounds of applause :)
I hope actions will be put in place very soon and that these plans won't die out. A lot of people here in Unaizah mourn the demolition of the historical city center (called Al-Khuraizah - الخريزة). Hopefully with these kind of initiatives, that won't be repeated ever again.

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
I like the idea, but I think some parts needs to be rebiult again, like those you show in riyadh.

·
Registered
6,544 Posts
^^ These parts of Diriyah and Riyadh are basically ruins. Every measurement needed for their preservation should be done but they shouldn't be rebuilt. I think it's a good idea to maybe build around them (using the same style) but not rebuild them.

·
Registered
101 Posts
^^ These parts of Diriyah and Riyadh are basically ruins. Every measurement needed for their preservation should be done but they shouldn't be rebuilt.
Exactly so. But as you can see from the pictures, they are going "re-build" Al-Dir'iyyah, which means that all the charm and beauty of the site will be destroyed. As someone who used to visit the ruins on a regular basis before this project started, it's the same for me as razing it to the ground. I doubt I would ever want to visit the site again after what they're going to do. I feel our history is being raped. If this is what "attention" to historic sites means to these people then I liked it better when they didn't pay attention.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts