Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
Thanks for posting all this.Knew absolutely nothing about it.Looks very interesting and quite a major development looking at Dransfield's web site regarding the schemes. .:)

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

MP makes site visit as work progresses well at Fox Valley

Jun 2014

The steelwork on the first phase of the Fox Valley development in Stocksbridge north Sheffield is taking shape on site this week.
The steel frame of the new Tata Speciality Steel warehouse, being constructed as part of the ambitious town centre development, is scheduled for completion by the end of the month ready for the next phase of work on the project.
And the local MP for Stocksbridge and Penistone, Angela Smith joined a site visit last week for a progress update on the ambitious development which is under construction in her constituency.
Once the new warehouse is completed the steel stock yard currently located on the retail and office development site will be relocated to the new building – releasing that part of the site for the Fox Valley development.
As well as a new Tata Speciality Steel warehouse the £42 million development will bring:

• A 63,000sq ft. TESCO food store
• Further retail units ranging in size from 635 to 16,000 sq. ft.
• Café and restaurant units
• High quality office space from 600 - 10,000 sq. ft.
• New town centre car park of approx. 600 spaces
• Comprehensive landscaping, water feature and new pedestrian links
• A new housing development neighbouring the main retail scheme
Construction teams are currently working on all areas of the 28 acre site. Demolition work will start over the next few days on a disused former Outokumpu building as well as a former office building fronting Manchester Road in Stocksbridge.

Work has already started on the new roundabout which is being built on the A616 Stocksbridge bypass to upgrade the current access to the Tata steelworks and accommodate the Fox Valley development, that part of the work is scheduled to finish in September.

Angela Smith, MP for Penistone and Stocksbridge, said: “It’s fantastic to see so much happening on site since work started just a few months ago. This development is going to bring a real and positive transformation to this part of north Sheffield.
"What’s particularly pleasing for me is that the development is not only bringing new jobs and regeneration but it’s also producing a real benefit for manufacturing and the steel industry."
Managing Director of Dransfield Properties, Mark Dransfield, said: “This is a large and complex development which our company and wider professional team have spent several years bringing forward to get to this stage.
"To see the steelwork starting to go up on the warehouse site is a great milestone and one of many we look forward to marking as the project progresses through to all the work being completed early in 2016.”
Dransfield Properties has received an investment of £8,111,040 from the Yorkshire and Humber ERDF Programme 2007- 2013, which is managed by the Department for Communities and Local Government to bring forward the Fox Valley project.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Plans coming together for a special topping out ceremony in stocksbridge next week from twitter.

·
E = MC²
5,551 Posts
that is interesting how they have left a roof overhang. Maybe that suggests that there will be a new narrow construction on the end rather than just a thick buttress wall.

·
Registered
6,559 Posts
Wonder if this might give some impetus to the Don Valley Railway, which sounds like a great idea but seems to have stalled, presumably due to lack of funding options.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Work progressing well on the new tata steel warehouse and should be complete by December.

Once the new facility is completed the steel which is currently stored on the main retail site can be moved – ready for work to start on this part of the site

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
A616 stocksbridge bypass, new roundabout towards the fox valley

The old steel road to open for the fox valley retail site.

·
E = MC²
5,551 Posts
I recall from my time working at Stocksbridge Engineering Steels in 1989 that that racking was already there back then. It was on the large area of ground where the British Steel Stainless Plant Used to be.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Dransfield Properties response to Tesco announcement:

Dransfield Properties response to Tesco announcement:

Jan 2015

January 8th 2014

Mark Dransfield , MD of Dransfield Properties
“We are of course disappointed by this week’s news but it does not in any way alter our plans to build and deliver this important regeneration scheme in Stocksbridge which will open in Spring 2016.
The withdrawal of Tesco allows us now to look at a more diverse retail mix for the area which we are very excited about.
Tesco has made a significant investment in the Fox Valley development which has been a great help in moving this scheme forward in recent years and we are grateful for their input and involvement.
We have a good number of tenants already signed up to the scheme and a great deal of interest from other companies keen to be part of this new town centre. Our focus in shouting about what a great place north Sheffield is to invest in hasn’t changed and we look forward to making a number of announcements in the Spring.”
Tesco Comment from Dave Lewis, Chief Executive Officer
“It is with a heavy heart that I am today announcing that we are unable to proceed with 49 planned new store developments across the UK, including our planned store in Stocksbridge.
Our performance as a business has fallen significantly short of where we would want it to be and my absolute imperative has to be to protect the future of our business for the c. 300,000 colleagues we employ in communities all over the UK.“
I know that this news will be a real disappointment to many people in the local community and we’re extremely grateful for the support we’ve received for our plans.
I am very aware of the importance of the site to the area and I am determined that we will work closely with Sheffield City Council to find the right solution for the local community.”

·
Letting off the happiness
5,855 Posts
I really think they'll struggle without Tesco. The similar development in Penistone is only half let. I wonder if another supermarket will come on board otherwise it's hard to see who will take the other units.

1 - 20 of 113 Posts