SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last week saw construction start of the Grand Hotel Reykjavik twin 12 storey towers.

The extention includes a new reception, 212 new rooms and gym/spa. Completion is expeted in march 2007.

More pics here

·
Positivist
2,590 Posts
Nice!! Now thats a really nice/modern looking hotel.. where in Reykjavik is it exactly? In the renderings it looks sort of in the middle of nowhere..

Very untypical for Iceland to build a modern building like this :) Congrats!

·
37,995 Posts
Nice for the country!!!

·
37,995 Posts
I remember one 3 or 4 13 Storey Apartment buildings project while ago, dont know how it went.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
tournesol said:
Good news, Samminn :)
Where in Reykjavik is it located?
Its located quite centrally in the city, on the outskirts of downtown and nearby the booming financial district. It'll be located right in the green junkspace in the left part of this rather good panorama view from Hotel Nordica that I stumbled upon... enjoy: :) (the top-left side will also soon see a new 16 storey office tower, to be finished in 2007 hoooyeahhh)

·
12,320 Posts
Really good news, though i can't agree its a really modern building. However, though this remind me of any other scandinavian building its a nice building.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Thanx for the pano Samminn. :)
I was wondering if it was anywhere near the Skuggahverfi towers, but now I see it's a little futher away from downtown.
Am I right, if I say that the Skuggahverfi towers would be visible if this pano had been just a little more to the left?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
tournesol said:
Thanx for the pano Samminn. :)
I was wondering if it was anywhere near the Skuggahverfi towers, but now I see it's a little futher away from downtown.
Am I right, if I say that the Skuggahverfi towers would be visible if this pano had been just a little more to the left?
Thats absolutely right Tourne. A few degrees to the left would include the city centre with the Skuggahverfi Tower(s) and Hallgrim's Church. Your abilities to orientate yourself improve with each passing time :)

Actually, this pano is the same as my office view, since my firm is located just about next door to the Nordica Hotel ;) ... sweeeet

1 - 17 of 17 Posts