SkyscraperCity Forum banner

REYKJAVÍK | North Tower | Norðurturninn | 62m | 15fl | Completed

22K views 30 replies 18 participants last post by  Icescraper 
#1 ·
Groundworks started today on a new 15 story tall office/retail tower in Reykjavik (Kopavogur). Expected to be completed in 2009. Its located right next to Iceland's tallest office tower also u/c, with about 10 out of 20 storeys completed.

See less See more
#27 ·
It is confirmed that the construction is going forward and the tower will be built to full height according to the original plans. The first two floors will soon be completed and connected to Smáralind mall before a gym/spa will open there in December.

Other interesting development in this area is the request by some developers to the town authorities in Kópavogur that the area south of the towers be rezoned to allow for more apartments there.

#29 ·
A gym and spa on the first two floors has been opened for business while construction has been resumed on the upper floors. It didn't look there has been much progress in the construction the last time I saw it but I think it probably takes some time to get it running again after being mothballed for so many years.

#30 ·
Finally there is a tenant for the building. Íslandsbanki, the second largest bank in Iceland, will move its HQ there. I think that is probably the biggest company so far to to leave Reykjavik for the Kópavogur business district. 650 staff will work in the HQ.

The press release says they will lease 8600 sq. meters but the whole building is registered as being 17352 sq. meters so the bank is going to take half of it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.