SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
7,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, a somewhat strange vehicle on the continent: a RHD bus with doors on the left on the old Gotthard road in Lugano, Switzerland, I suppose being transported from the UK to Malta or Cyprus on ordinary roads because of a ban on motorways.

It had an UK plate, but remains of labels on the side showed it had served between Dublin and (if I read correctly) its airport.

·
Registered
29,971 Posts
It's not displaying an EU registration plate or GB sticker either, which it would have needed to have to get to Switzerland even if not in Switzerland itself.

·
Banned
497 Posts
It's not displaying an EU registration plate or GB sticker either, which it would have needed to have to get to Switzerland even if not in Switzerland itself.
In practice no one actually cares if you have the sticker. I forgot to get mine on two occasions now and nothing happened in either case.

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
In practice no one actually cares if you have the sticker. I forgot to get mine on two occasions now and nothing happened in either case.
You're brave or stupid if you try and do it through France! The Gendarmerie Nationale will soon stop you and pick holes in EVERYTHING! Triangles, Hi-Vis, Medical Kit, the lot! And that's before they've asked for your drivers licence!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts