Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hahahaha tricked you. Its really 2x180's.
East into the city.

Here is the view to the west over docklands.

Incase you're interested I took some photos of the actual deck. Its recently been upgraded.
The eastern outside section.

The binoculars are free!

Channel 7 were up there filming.....something.

There you go!

·
6,438 Posts
Mind blowing panos of Melbourne = everyone wins :banana:

Under what conditions does one recieve an entry fee refund?? (I can't see cause that chicks in the way)

Why was the old BHP logo never replaced with the new BHP Billiton logo on Bourke Place? I suppose the red blotches wouldn't look as good up there but that wouldn't be the reason.

·
Its a sleepy little town
3,883 Posts
I know this is asked a bit.. But
What program did u use to stitch it?

Im impressed that there is no 'curve' on the horizon at all.
HOW !!!!!!!!!! lol.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Phwoar! Dan = OwZoR uR BoXoR! :D

Any high res pics btw? I know you usually cut down your pics for bandwith reasons, I'd love to see the high res versions if you have then! Cheers.

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks guys! I've been using ptassembler to line everything up and de-bend the fov. Then I use enblend to join the images. When I took them I was in manual mode on the camera so that the brightness would be as even as it could be. :)

skiesthelimit said:
Any high res pics btw? I know you usually cut down your pics for bandwith reasons, I'd love to see the high res versions if you have then! Cheers.
Not full size this time! The images are 11mb~ *each*. 12000x2000ish. 24megapixel!
I'll get some bigger ones up though. Maybe around 4mb.

·
Registered
3,293 Posts
Cool pics. There is a strip of windows in the lower tower similar to those on the higher tower - are those used for observation or for something else?

·
Like whatever....
9,177 Posts
Amazing Shots!!

They really show that Melbourne still has alot of open space to build on. Lots of parks, carparks, open fields and very wide roads.

Living in Brisbane its easy to forget how spread out everything is down there.

Like the inside shots too. Last time I was up there the wind was blowing at about 100kmph outside - very windy!

Next time, hopefully July or June, I'll have a camera.

jt

·
Registered
5,331 Posts
Melbourne is quite flat, in the northern and western areas, they are bassalt plains, despite the flat appearance the majority of the eastern suburbs are built on erroded limestone hills and are quite breathtaking, especially when purched on Doncaster Hill looking towards the Mountains in the distance on the easter side, and the city and plains on the western side. The bassalt plains begin to give way to sloping and hilly terrain in the North- North East towards Epping, Mill Park Lakes and Blossom Park/Rivergum. Then crossing the Plenty river in the North East the city and it's suburbs become greener and more undulating. The inner city and CBD is also pronounced by sloping land. The western suburbs though are generally dead flat and yellow.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts