SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 147 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

This is my first Post here, although i've been visiting this forum for a while now.

For my first Post i though it should be some good news, since most projects are still in planning :)

Anyways i saw this one while passing by there a week ago, the render is on the site. from the render it looks like it is going to be a nice tower, and the location even makes it better as it is between Kingdom and Failsalia, adding some nice sky line Although the size of the land is somewhat small compared to most projects. according to the website it is going to be 23 floors, but no mention of how many meters. I wish we can get some official renders, but i could not find anything on the net.

Another Project is also being built in Jeddah, in Mall of Arabia.

http://www.marriott.com/news/detail.mi?marrArticle=175944

(((The Courtyard by Marriott Riyadh will be situated in a 23-story building on a 3,600-square meter site between King Fahd and Olaya Street in the city’s central business district, equal distance between Riyadh’s two largest commercial towers –3 km. from Al Faisaliah office tower and 4 km. from the Kingdom Holding office tower. Close by are many of the city’s major shopping malls.

The Courtyard by Marriott Jeddah will be located on Madinah Road, the main artery between Jeddah’s international airport and the city’s central business district in the northern part of Jeddah. It will be situated on a 120,000-square meter, mixed-use site known as the Mall of Arabia Development. The Mall of Arabia is the largest shopping mall in Jeddah at 106,490-square meters.

Both the Riyadh and Jeddah Courtyard by Marriott hotels will offer similar amenities.

For dining and recreation, both hotels will have an all-day casual dining restaurant, a specialty restaurant and a lobby lounge. Additionally, both will offer an Internet library as part of the front desk, 24-hour room service, in-room mini-bar and deli-counter in the casual restaurant.

For meetings and social events, the Courtyard by Marriott Riyadh will cater to the government and business travel market. The hotel will have a 5,650-square-foot conference room that will be divisible into four sections; 2,750 square feet of breakout rooms including four 500-square-foot interconnecting meeting rooms and two boardrooms.

At the Courtyard by Marriott Jeddah, conference facilities are targeted at the MICE market. The main conference room will measure 6,450 square feet and will be divisible into five sections; breakout rooms will total 3,450 square feet and will consist of four 700-square-foot interconnecting meeting rooms and two boardrooms.)))

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Could you please point out the exact site location of the U/C tower in Riyadh either on Wikimapia or a Google Earth screenshot?

·
Registered
6,553 Posts
i seen in magazine many hotel towers in riyadh will be U/C maybe that one of them!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I can not access google map or any of these sites from where I am now, but i can explain exactly where it is and maybe on of the guys from Riyadh would be able to post it.

It located right on the opposite side of the Nimr Shopping Center, on the same street as Akaria and New Al Rajhi bank. right next to it is a big bookstore, i forgot the name I think Something like Shukairy or smth. The buliding location is actually right in the middle between Olaya and King Fahad.

Hope thats helpful.

·
Banned
3,506 Posts
I know about this project. It's somewhere behind jarir Book store in Olaya Street. The plot is already closed.

·
Registered
6,553 Posts
now that impressive,i think its between kingdom & fisalyah towers right?,damn why its only 23F?exterior design like these should be ICON of the city!
what a sham :eek:hno:

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
now that impressive,i think its between kingdom & fisalyah towers right?,damn why its only 23F?exterior design like these should be ICON of the city!
what a sham :eek:hno:
I don't mind building several 20-30F towers between Alfaisliyah and Kingdom towers. So far there are NICC and Anoud completed, Wassil and Marriot under construction and Olaya twin towers approved... five more will balance the skyline...

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
there is lot of trees in riyadh
you mean green spaces
Yea, Riyadh really does need some green spaces and some kind of public plazas and parks, right now it feels too industrial and not pedistrian friendly. However maybe some change is coming, i like what they did in Tahliya and Talteen street in regards to side walks but no Green yet.

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
right now it feels too industrial and not pedistrian friendly
would you believe me if I told you that riyadh won a pedestrian friendly city award!!! :lol: (the award was given by king Abdullah the king of Jordan
wastah plays role :D
and you forgot Olaya and Solaimaniyah, when I went back home on xmas I saw the hole area have changed and became like the Thalathien and Tahilah. they did a good job though

·
Banned
3,506 Posts
If I'm not wrong, the hotel should be somewhere here: (but I'm not sure about the hight, I think it's taller though

The foundations are nearly done btw...

1 - 20 of 147 Posts