Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Bleed Dodger Blue
1,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Apparently he's the next candidate and he wants mass transit, sounds good to me. I just need to know his stances on everything else.

·
Shaken, never Stirred
8,014 Posts
^ I'm leaning towards Richardson and/or Clinton which ever makes it they have my valid Vote...

PS Friends don't let friends vote Republican!

·
Bleed Dodger Blue
1,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
^ I'm leaning towards Richardson and/or Clinton which ever makes it they have my valid Vote...

PS Friends don't let friends vote Republican!
You might have trouble with me since I lean toward Republican although I'm a registered independent.

·
Shaken, never Stirred
8,014 Posts
Well then I'm sorry for the poor choice you have made by leaning towards the Republican party. I won't hold it against you since your a younging and soon enough your learn right from wrong.

·
Bleed Dodger Blue
1,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
But I've already learned that most politicians are worthless and corrupt and I'm basically picking the less of the evils.

·
Bleed Dodger Blue
1,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
^^No, I'm a part of no party.

·
Registered
346 Posts
I hope you aren't old enough to vote.

Sorry to break the news but Richardson has a snowballs chance in hell at getting the Democratic nomination. The guy has no momentum, tepid grassroots support, and the media is happy with ignoring him. All that combined pretty much has tombstoned his chances. I wouldn't write him off as a VP pick but Pres candidate? No chance in hell.

Those still in the running on the democratic side. Clinton (name recognition), Obama (media love), Biden (momentum), and Edwards (grassroots) are still in the hunt. There is even a better chance of an unknown stepping in as well.

As for the republican side... Dumb and Dumber. Each with a good chance of getting the nom.

·
"There It Is, Take It!"
981 Posts
I hope you aren't old enough to vote.
If he's a "registered" Indie, then he would prolly have to be.

The Republican thing didn't surprise me, many Cubans are cos they're anti-Castro/Communist. Also, if you're from an immigrant family and America went to war with the country of your heritage in the past, then you'd likely side with the opposite party of whoever was president when America went to war with that country...

·
Shaken, never Stirred
8,014 Posts
If he's a "registered" Indie, then he would prolly have to be.

The Republican thing didn't surprise me, many Cubans are cos they're anti-Castro/Communist. Also, if you're from an immigrant family and America went to war with the country of your heritage in the past, then you'd likely side with the opposite party of whoever was president when America went to war with that country...

So let get this straight, if your pro Che Guevera and Cuban you would most likely vote Republican. Interesting enough!
:wink2:

·
Bleed Dodger Blue
1,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Who is is pro Che?

Yes, my entire family is very much Republican. I didn't go so far as to register Republican, but I am very conservative. I've been to Cuba, I've seen the liberal dream, and it doesn't work.

Of course I'm not saying that Democrats are Communists, but I strongly disagree with most of what they say (especially Michael Moore. I can't believe that he actually thinks that Cuba's health care system is better just because it's free. They can't do the things that we can do here.)

You know what, **** Michael Moore. I already hated all of his movies, this new one just pushes it over the edge.

·
Silver Lake
5,451 Posts
So you're against gay marriage?

·
Shaken, never Stirred
8,014 Posts
^ Well he did say his a very conservative Republican you know....

·
Bleed Dodger Blue
1,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I never said that I was Republican. In terms of gay marriage, I'm fine with them getting civil unions and equal treatment by the state, but I wouldn't call it marriage. Leave that term to the church.

·
finmqa1
236 Posts
Richardson would be an ideal candidate for president, especially in a "new" era which will require enormous amounts of diplomacy to clean up some of the mess we've created. The North Koreans have been to Santa Fe, NM twice in the last year and a half to speak to Richardson rather than Bush. But as someone stated above, I seriously doubt he has the momentum to catch either Obama or Clinton for the democratic nod. He has done some amazing things for my home state of New Mexico, including bringing 60 or 70 movie productions to the state within the last couple of years. Our economy is booming and much of that is due to Richardson.

·
Silver Lake
5,451 Posts
I never said that I was Republican. In terms of gay marriage, I'm fine with them getting civil unions and equal treatment by the state, but I wouldn't call it marriage. Leave that term to the church.
So that means when a "straight" couple gets 'married' outside of the church i.e. the judge, they can't call it marriage either it would be a civil union.

·
Bleed Dodger Blue
1,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
^^Sure. I don't see anything wrong with that.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts