SkyscraperCity banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 185 Posts

·
The Greatest
4,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Demolition has begun on 104 Adelaide Street W; the small building beside the Concourse Tower. Is construction of RAC 3 closer than we think?

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Ritz carlton is advertsing we are started construction, so i think many projects will start off in the summer.

·
Torontonian 4ever
9,891 Posts
^^BUT HOW?!?!?! I'm sure we'd at least know from real estate publications, or newspapers that it started.. I mean this is a fairly tall tower...

Well anyway if it is going up, wooooow

·
I See Skyscrapers
2,083 Posts
Ya, if it is true, then it really slipped under the radar. However, I think the zoning and permits are all in place from years ago, so maybe we did just miss this one.

I like the rendering, it reminds me of the new Canada Life building except taller.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
This would be great if thats the real news.

130 Adelaide, in my opinion, is the worst modern highrise office building downtown, hopefully, this improved complex will have a positive spinoff effect.

·
Registered
532 Posts
I have been past the tower many times and I have noticed some work being done to it- scaffolding etc., but I was unaware of any major construction- I will check into it over the next day or two and see what I can find out.

This is the tower, I believe which has works from the Group of Seven in the lobby/entrance to the building- many people are worried that it would be demolished or destroyed with any new construction- myself included.

I am curious to know, if the plan will be to keep only the facade and build all new floors-bottom to top?

p5

·
Registered
172 Posts
I work in Richmond Adelaide Centre and haven't heard anything about this, but I'll ask around tomorrow. There is a bunch of scaffolding up but I just thought it was restoration work being done to the current facade.

·
Have vision. Think big.
623 Posts
That would sure look nice. But I'm totally convinced we would have heard something if it was going up. I'd be surprised if something like that flew under the radar.

·
lolwut
1,867 Posts
Boom Shaka Laka said:
Wow, Lot of density in that area IF all goes up...RAC3, Bay Adelaide Centre, Trump Tower, Sapphire Tower..
Well, i wouldnt say Sapphire seeing as we really havnt heard much on it lately..it would be great ifit started construction this summer though! And you cant forget the RBC Center and Ritz!

1 - 20 of 185 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.