SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Sic Semper Tyrannis
1,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, sorry I haven't been posting many Richmond photos...here are just a few night shots I got of Richmond, nothing spectacular or anything...I'm working with a regular Samsung camera AND they're all unedited because I'm lazy... so bear with me lol.
Hope you enjoy :)

James River

Looking up from a boardwalk into the River showcasing the events of Richmond's last days as the Confederate Capital

As a side note, Richmond was under a drought advisory when I took these photos...so the river was low and the canal was nearly drained. Everything looks great now, however so that's all that counts :).

And for fun-

I'll keep posting random updates throughout on this thread, so stay tuned :)

·
VA is for LOVERS!
716 Posts
Nice pics.

Especially this one:

And for fun-
I've rarely seen Richmond photo'd from this angle.

Its funny how the topography can play tricks with the skyline. In the above pic, the New City Hall, though pretty far in the background (compared to the Fed, for example) looks as if its about as tall as some of the other, taller buildings.

Can't wait to see more pics.

·
Registered
4,845 Posts
Richmond's skyline is boxy, but I still dig it. It's got great density and proportion.

·
Sic Semper Tyrannis
1,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys, and if it's the fan you want, then that's what I'll do :)

And I looked hard to find a good angle to show just how amazingly dense Richmond is. I think the skyline is awesome for a city of 200k. Height may not be so great, but the density blows my mind every day lol.

And true 540, in that shot, I was across the river not far from Hull Street....so the middle goes down for the river, then back up to the skyline. Next I'm going to Church Hill to show everyone the other part of the skyline you can's see in these pics.

Thanks for the comments, and I'll get out and about very soon :)

·
Sic Semper Tyrannis
1,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Great set of Richmond pictures, JRQ.

Check out these flickr shots of last Friday's InLight show in Richmond's Shockoe Slip.

Many of the pictures are in front of the Martin Agency in Shockoe Plaza. Martin is the agency which produces ads for GEICO, Walmart and Pizza Hut among other clients.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/skynoir/sets/72157625096450261/

Thank you Burt, and those photos look awesome. Too bad I missed that...had no idea it was going on lol :/. I DID go to the folk festival at least, which was pretty cool. I was surprised at the LOADS of people there...I thought they only had one stage but kept walking and found another, and another lol, all with thousands of people. Maybe I'll stay more in-tuned with what's going on in Richmond from now on :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts