SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Sydney: World's best city
40,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a long week at uni, I decided to unwind by taking to Sydney's ferries on Friday afternoon.

Enjoy

Bondi Junction

Manly

Watsons Bay

Waterfront homes at Watsons Bay

Another shot

Doyles

Sydney's skyline looms in the distance from Watsons Bay

More to come

·
:-]
910 Posts
very nice pictures, and a very nice city.

however i dont like the mixing between the stepped roofs of 126 Phillip St and 52 Martin Place in the last two photos. looks odd.

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Is Doyles that famous chippie? We only went to Manly and North Point Head, missed out on Watsons Bay.

Nice to see that Sydney has it's grey days as well!

·
40,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Perth4life14 said:
wow great pics fab!!!

is doyles the place off the visa add??
Yes

rickster2k said:
Is Doyles that famous chippie? We only went to Manly and North Point Head, missed out on Watsons Bay.

Nice to see that Sydney has it's grey days as well!
I'm not sure what you mean by chippie :? - hot chips or the fact it's one of Sydney's most famous seafood restaurants?

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Sorry Fab, Chippie is British slang for Fish and Chip shop and I know you guys have those over there because i visited one in Kiama on the way to Sydney!

·
40,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
rickster2k said:
Sorry Fab, Chippie is British slang for Fish and Chip shop and I know you guys have those over there because i visited one in Kiama on the way to Sydney!
Thanks. I heard they serve excellent fish and chips.

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
The Fish and Chips were good in Kiama, can't remember the name of the place, but just looked at a photo I took and it was the one in the red building on the quay just down from the lighthouse and blowhole (if you've ever been to Kiama). The Pelicans were a pain thou, swarmed round us like flies.

Fish and Chips are an institution over here, espically in the seaside places, although i haven't actually been to a British chippie in years, I think fish and chips are quite popular in Oz if i can recall.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts