SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
1,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some help. Im very new to the whole public transportation stuff. So im trying to get to UCLA from the Burbank Airport. whats the quickest best way to get there. I was thinking of taking a bus to the NoHo Redline. But I have no clue how this all works. I need to get there at 8:eek:o AM..??

·
Registered
618 Posts
Red Line will get you nowhere near UCLA.

Really the best way I can think is taking a bus from Burbank Airport heading east (Metro Local 165, which you can get on at Empire Ave, which runs right along the south end of the airport's parking lots, also right by the rail station), to Van Nuys Blvd. Get off there and you can get on the Metro Rapid 761 southbound, that will get you directly to UCLA.

The only way I plan my metro trips now is using Metro's system map (on the website). It is big and complex, but I know Los Angeles geography very well, so it is actually easy to use for me.

·
Registered
618 Posts
i was going to say the same thing. but take the orange line to the Van Nays station and catch the 761 going southbound.
that too, but that is 3 lines (Local bus, Orange Line, Rapid), I just gave an option that only had 2 lines. I was not sure if the times to wait while transferring would be shorter or longer than the time saved by taking the Orange Line.

Either way would work fine.

·
Chairman of the Bored
851 Posts
Can't help you there. Last time I took the LA subway was 10 years ago. Last time I took the bus, was, well, let's just say the LA buses at the time were called the RTD system.

·
Real Estate Consultant
377 Posts
If you REALLY want to use the rail, you can take Red Line down to Wilshire Vermont, then take purple line "all the way" to Wilshire Western. Then the rest of the way you have to travel by the rapid bus. But, please, nevermind this advice unless you are really a great fan of rail and would like to take much more time to travel...

Don't you wish they would finish extracting all that gas and oil under Wilshire and continue extending the Purple Line?......

·
Shaken, never Stirred
8,014 Posts
If you REALLY want to use the rail, you can take Red Line down to Wilshire Vermont, then take purple line "all the way" to Wilshire Western. Then the rest of the way you have to travel by the rapid bus. But, please, nevermind this advice unless you are really a great fan of rail and would like to take much more time to travel...

Don't you wish they would finish extracting all that gas and oil under Wilshire and continue extending the Purple Line?......
^ Check out Mr Informative and need to remind he does not reside in the City of L.A.. I would have never thought of that and would had just suggested to drive or something...:)

·
Registered
618 Posts
I am guessing he needed to get there at 8am this morning? well if that is true, he already got there, somehow. lol.

·
Banned
1,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
No Not yet This Tuesday^^

·
Real Estate Consultant
377 Posts
^ Check out Mr Informative and need to remind he does not reside in the City of L.A.. I would have never thought of that and would had just suggested to drive or something...:)
Driving is great also, but only if you get a parking pass. I am not sure how it is at UCLA now, but a few years ago not every student could get a parking pass. But if you are lucky and you do get one, then driving would be great. Otherwise another alternative would be a small, skinny bike or a scooter (I think it was much easier with bike passes over there that with car passes...)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts