Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
a.k.a. The King Arthur
1,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A year ago, right on this day at about 12:00 I met my wife for the first time (or to be acurate - she sat in my car while I was sitting in my parked car) :D ... so we decided to go out today ... but where? Bar "Skyline" on the 26th floor of Reval Hotel Latvia (I got 5Ls discount card from my bank)

So here are some pics:
Panorama to the east

Panorama to the west (Daugava)

Freedom monument

Saules akmens and Panorama Plaza

Elizabetes street and TV tower

Rietumu capital center

South Bridge

Panorama to the south

And now some funny stuff:
Here is the curse of Elkor:
If you have to go to work tomorrow, you will see at least 4 Elkor delivery cars today.
It's true. I had 4 free days this week. On the first three days I didn't see a single Elkor delivery car. But today I saw 4 or 5 in just 2 hours.
So guess what was the first thing I saw when I sat down and started to enjoy the view

Yes it's a Elkor delivery car :bash:

And something I noticed when we went home:

Translation:
"Entrance in the bar only for person over 21 years of age"
I am 19 and my wife is 18 :D and there was a family with 4 kids :D

·
-Riga-
1,470 Posts

:lol: so funny!

...neielaist vai izraidīt no Bāra apmeklētājus, ja viņu...//...traucēti vai aizskarti Bāra apmeklētāji...
Minimālais bāra apmeklētāju vecums 21 ( why??? )

BTW. Nice photos!

·
Registered
5,198 Posts
Some 720 000 people inside city borders - but densely populated area extends across the borders and the continuous urban area has got more than 860 000, there are more than 150 000 people in satellite cities and oversized villages on top of this.

If zoom on camera is not used, comparatively close apartment districts just disappear. F.e. here:

in the left side of picture far away you see Plavnieki - enormous commieblock district with more than 100 000 people in it. On picture it looks like aggregation of small white thingies.

Uniterrupted urban area continues for some 20 km in that picture - that's south-east direction.

On this picture:

the faraway skyscrapers look as if they are built in middle of forest. This is not true either - all the area around them is covered with buildings. That's the pleasant Pardaugava ("Over Daugava River") district with pleasant, green historical quartals. Highrise just stand at very busy road leading no nearby airport. Behind the airport is stretching 35 km long resort suburb - Jurmala - again full with buildings and people.

·
Positivist
2,590 Posts
i doubt our room will be up that high.. the higher up you are the more expensive.. but.. we did order a superior-class room.. so maybe, it could be just a couple of floors below, which would still be awesome :)

Great pics btw! And congrats with the 1 year anniversary :cheers2:

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
wow RIGA is AMAZING... beautiful town... and I like Lauris Raynix music!!!! the best male baltic singer

·
I Love Ice
2,442 Posts
i doubt our room will be up that high.. the higher up you are the more expensive.. but.. we did order a superior-class room.. so maybe, it could be just a couple of floors below, which would still be awesome :)
Suprerior rooms are in the new part - it is at the same level as the rest of the city. I mean the highest possible point you will be able to get up to will be the 6th floor:(

·
I Love Ice
2,442 Posts
...well unless you upgrade it to the Executive or downgrade it to the Double or Twin Old Town view:)

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
1 - 20 of 29 Posts