SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
The Big Cheese
1,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To summarize Jakarta in one word would be very hard but the first that comes out of my head is chaos. Home to almost 13 mio inhabitians (depending on how you count it) with an infrastructur even worse than Lappand. Cars and the mopeds rule this city. It is so polluted that even when there are no clouds you still can't see the sun and everywhere in this facinating city you'll find new skyscrapers rising to the skies. Another word for Jakarta: booming..
I find the city to be very facinating, even though I couldn't really enjoy it the way I'm used to enjoy cities, due of the lack of pavements ;) I wasn't abe to take that many good pictures of the city but I'l hope you'll forgive me :)

Jakarta tall

Bandung

the countryside

Javanese vulcanos

Thx for watching. A bigger thread with Bali pictures is on its way :)

·
6,673 Posts
WOW!!! Awesome shots, Ringil! Southeast Asia definitely has its own charms. I didn't know Indonesia had those rice terraces too. Looking forward for more pics of your adventures! :eek:kay:

·
Expert
933 Posts
Totaly hot! i demand more shots!

Bandung looks like a nice oldtownarea from that angle

·
The Big Cheese
1,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wally said:
WOW!!! Awesome shots, Ringil! Southeast Asia definitely has its own charms. I didn't know Indonesia had those rice terraces too. Looking forward for more pics of your adventures! :eek:kay:
they're everywhere ;)

yeah Im a bit dissapointed about the Jakarta thread, only 12 pictures, but I'll post bigger and more interesting ones in a near futur :cheers:

@wolken: I didn't like it at all to be honest, but I only visited it briefly because of all the outlets ;)

·
Banned
1,075 Posts
cool pics dude! I'm headin' down there for new year's! ;)

·
Positivist
2,590 Posts
Great photos mate! :) Hope you had fun down there! :cheers2:

·
Banned
1,075 Posts
Ringil said:
@dw: Jakarta?
yeah... i'm going there on a large sailing ship. We will sail around the region (Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia etc.)

·
Nihongo Luvr
1,037 Posts
Hey, Ringil, don't diss Lappland's infrastructure - it ROCKS! Okay, it doesn't rock, but still, don't diss Lappland!! :D

Very interesting thread, thanks! ;)

·
Illustrator
6,464 Posts
Very good photos from an interesting place, Ringil!
So you could never see the blue sky in Jakarta? "blue sky filter" didn't help?:D
Will there be more threads about Indonesia? Are you still there?

·
The Big Cheese
1,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Nightsky said:
Very good photos from an interesting place, Ringil!
So you could never see the blue sky in Jakarta? "blue sky filter" didn't help?:D
Will there be more threads about Indonesia? Are you still there?
yes Im already working on the Bali thread and then we got the Singapore thread left too :) Im back in Uppsala now

·
Right Here, Right Now
2,652 Posts
Excellent pics Ringil! Some nice new scrapers in Jakarta :) And very beautiful countryside too

1 - 18 of 18 Posts