1990, 2006, 2013

1x Copa Libertadores:

1x Copa Sudamericana:

1x FIFA Club World Cup:

Fluminense FC

4x League:
1970, 1984, 2010, 2012

1x Cup:

The Estadio Jornalista Mario Filho is an open-air stadium in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. It was constructed from August 1948 to June 1950. The stadium is used by C.R. Flamengo and Fluminese F.C. for some of their more important matches. It hosted the following events:

1950 FIFA World Cup Final
2014 FIFA World Cup Final
1989 Copa America Final
2000 FIFA Club World Cup Final
2007 Pan American Games - Opening and Closing Ceremonies and Football Finals
2016 Summer Olympics - Football Finals (also planned to host Opening / Closing Ceremonies, but that role is supposed to be for the Engenhao stadium)

(Since the stadium's existing thread is lost, I decided to start this new thread for updates on the stadium's reconstruction.)

·
Registered
15,901 Posts
O maraca que já era bom, vai ficar show. O Brasil merece!!

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Wow that is a pretty radical transformation of the bowl, the straightened sidelines seem strange visually. And it would look better without the roof extension in my opinion. Other than that it seems like a sharp renovation though.

·
Registered
9,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Those are the final renders of the dashing new reconstructed Jornalista Mario Filho Stadium? I hope not, because there may need to be some tweakages to the design. First, the straightened sidelines where the new luxury boxes will be will take away from the characteristic oval bowl shape theat the stadium is best known for. Second, it looks like the upper tier is cut down by a few rows while the lower tier is lengthened. Third, I don't know about the modified roof cover. Fourth, it looks like you may as well fit an athletics track into the stadium if you removed a few rows that are the closest to the playing area. Come up with a better final design than that.

·
Registered
3,069 Posts
Jim, it's not Flamengo FC but CR Flamengo (Clube de Regatas do Flamengo).

BTW, nice thread and initiative. It'd be nice too if you add the new renders in the original post.

·
28,090 Posts

·
Banned
363 Posts
Honestly speaking, I liked this new Maracana Project . At least, a bit different from the last boring 3 tiers stadiums that were built in the last years.
However , it's strange that these new renders don't show LED giant screen . And in my opinion, they should low the pitch again in order to increase a bit the capacity around 85k.

·
28,090 Posts
Honestly speaking, I liked this new Maracana Project . At least, a bit different from the last boring 3 tiers stadiums that were built in the last years.
However , it's strange that these new renders don't show LED giant screen . And in my opinion, they should low the pitch again in order to increase a bit the capacity around 85k.
But Old Maracana bowl was different :)
Circle, 2 tier and huge overlapping

·
Registered
9,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Not supposed to be any tiers overlapping in the Mario Filho. Why does this stadium even need this feature, anyway?

·
Chicha was here
9,515 Posts
I don't like the colour and tipe of the seats but that could be changed.

Demolition of the first tier and connecting a new one with the secound tier is the only logical and in my opinion an excellent solution.

1 - 20 of 1888 Posts