SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 234 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
28,982 Posts
CharlieP said:
According to whom?!
never heard of this rule either..i know egypt when they bid for 2010 had quite a few venues with athletics tracks...to my knowledge..the 2010 world cup will only have one stadium..with a visible track..
 

·
Cute but Psycho...
Joined
·
6,023 Posts
Why is this called an Olympic stadium? IMO only those that host or bid for the games should be allowed to use the word olympic.
 

·
Cute but Psycho...
Joined
·
6,023 Posts
Mo Rush said:
never heard of this rule either..i know egypt when they bid for 2010 had quite a few venues with athletics tracks...to my knowledge..the 2010 world cup will only have one stadium..with a visible track..
England are probably one of the few at the mo who could provide all purpose built football stadia for a world cup

NO athletic tracks for sure!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
28,982 Posts
Its AlL gUUd said:
England are probably one of the few at the mo who could provide all purpose built football stadia for a world cup

NO athletic tracks for sure!
i dont its as much providing an all purpose football venue without a legacy...stade de france is a good example of having the best of both..south africa except for one stadium will provide the qualities of football venues..add newlands rugby ground in cape town as an additional stadium and u have 10 football stadia...but england of course have a major advantage when it comes to football stadia..
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
15 Posts
Its AlL gUUd said:
England are probably one of the few at the mo who could provide all purpose built football stadia for a world cup

NO athletic tracks for sure!
Yes, you are correct. The one stadium in England fit for hosting a World Cup match does not have a track.

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
475 Posts
Uncle Chop Chop said:
Yes, you are correct. The one stadium in England fit for hosting a World Cup match does not have a track.

hmmm, yes, one stadium, you really don't have anything to do other than get pissed and have fights with Celtic fans do you, poor poor Bubomb, or just Bubomb is poor
 

·
Tax avoider
Joined
·
24,117 Posts
Mo Rush said:
never heard of this rule either..i know egypt when they bid for 2010 had quite a few venues with athletics tracks...to my knowledge..the 2010 world cup will only have one stadium..with a visible track..
Thinking back, from memory:

2006 - two (Berlin and Stuttgart)
2002 - seven (Busan, Incheon, Niigata, Osaka, Sendai, Shizuoka, Yokohama)
1998 - none
1994 - one (Stanford)
1990 - nine (Bari, Bologna, Cagliari, Naples, Palermo, Rome, Turin, Udine, Verona)
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
86 Posts
matherto said:
hmmm, yes, one stadium, you really don't have anything to do other than get pissed and have fights with Celtic fans do you, poor poor Bubomb, or just Bubomb is poor
I wouldn't know, for I am not him and he is not me. He'll be back soon though, he told me only yesterday.

By the way who is this mythical celtic fan of whom you speak?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
24,517 Posts
Its AlL gUUd said:
Why is this called an Olympic stadium? IMO only those that host or bid for the games should be allowed to use the word olympic.
Olympic in Brazil, is any stadium that has an athletics track
 

·
©
Joined
·
9,470 Posts
Would the athletic track even get much use? I mean, would there be many major events held there that would fill the stadium & require the track?
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
53 Posts
CharlieP said:
Thinking back, from memory:

2006 - two (Berlin and Stuttgart)
2002 - seven (Busan, Incheon, Niigata, Osaka, Sendai, Shizuoka, Yokohama)
1998 - none
1994 - one (Stanford)
1990 - nine (Bari, Bologna, Cagliari, Naples, Palermo, Rome, Turin, Udine, Verona)

Germany had 3 - Berlin, Nurnberg and Stuttgart. The stadium in Berlin was superb for all the games played in it!

Italy had 8. Palmero does not have an athletics track.




2002 had 11 - Daegu, Busan, Incheon, Gwangju, Niigata, Osaka, Shizuoka, Yokohama, Nagai, Miyagi, Otta.



 
1 - 20 of 234 Posts
Top