8 - Going up from Prainha to the last beach , Grumari :

9 - Grumari Beach:

10 - The end of Grumari , and end of oceanic beaches in Rio :

11 - more Grumari :

12 - Black Vultures also go to the beach ,in Grumari !!!!:

13 -and then they go to a cozy restaurant !!!:

14 - Coming back to Recreio :

15 - Recreio from a high point ( astonishing view !):

16 - At Recreio Beach , the waves go from one side to the other , over a narrow sand istmus:

17 -Recreio Beach

18 - What a kiosk !!

19 - Guard Life Post:

20 - A Square at Recreio, in front of the beach:

21 - After so much paradiasiacal sightseeing , let´s rest just a while at the Recreio Square!

Hope you´ve liked, and leave your comments!

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

·
Mainland Sea & Sky
6,242 Posts
Nice shots ! Perhaps the different beaches style compared with that of Cape Town ! Is there anybody who had visited the two cities and write down some opinion ?

·
Look at that parking lot!
9,463 Posts
16 - At Recreio Beach , the waves go from one side to the other , over a narrow sand istmus:

Haha ... this brings back some old remembrances ...

When still a kid I used to climb this peninsula rock. Once I went halfway to the top and stayed up there for a while to appreciate the panorama ... towards noon it became unbearably hot so I decided to make the descent, but there was this one problem ... the bare rock had heated up so much it became completely impossible to walk over it even for a couple of seconds, and I had no shoes with me ... so I was trapped up there in this furnace like heat and had to wait something like five hours until the rock had cooled down sufficiently ... no need to say I suffered the sunburn of my life and pretty severe dehydration :D

Also, at Prainha was (maybe still is) a canal draining water into the sea ... at times the water was so polluted that it came covered with meter-high foam ... it was great fun for us kids to swim through the foam, we even "washed" our hair with it, what a nice shampoo, we thought ... pretty stupid in hindsight, but then, that's what kids do :)

That was back in the 70s ... Ah sweet childhood ...

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
George W. Bush said:
Haha ... this brings back some old remembrances ...

... so I was trapped up there in this furnace like heat and had to wait something like five hours until the rock had cooled down sufficiently ... no need to say I suffered the sunburn of my life and pretty severe dehydration :D
So George W .Bush lived in Rio in the 70 ´s ??!!!! what a lovely childhood he must have had, climbing hot rocks , getting dehydrated and using poluted shamppoos in his hair... :) Thanks for posting and telling us your experience!

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
cmoonflyer said:
Nice shots ! Perhaps the different beaches style compared with that of Cape Town ! Is there anybody who had visited the two cities and write down some opinion ?
oh, yes, Cape Town and Rio, as well as Hong Kong, have much in common, as they are some of the big cities in the world that are squeezed between the mountains and the sea ! I ´ve never been to Cape Town, but, coincidentally enough , the persons who were taking this walk with me around those beaches , were south-africans from Cape Town , and they said that Rio and Cape Town were very much alike , but that Rio was far more beautiful !!!! :) :)

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
koolcity said:
Cheia de encantos mil ! :eek:kay:
nice to see an argentinian writing such a correct portuguese !!
I thinking you´re missing Rio !! Come live here again !! :))
( for those who couldn´t understand : Cheia de encantos mil = Rio is full of a thousand enchantments )

Thanks you all for yr comments!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts