Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
5,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let's play a game.
Name the cities that you think are rivalries.

I don't want a bitch session. No reasons are to be given just the names of the cities. Some maybe small town some cross national from one end of the country to the other but just Canada.

Remember no comments just the name of the cities but some may have more than one rival.

I'll start with probably the two most obvious
Calgary vs Edmonton
Toronto vs Montreal

·
Ex-mod
7,931 Posts
play nice guys, don't turn this into a pig fest....

·
www.mtlurb.com
2,159 Posts
Montreal is more after Boston than Toronto which seems as a natural competitor because we're in the same confederation. But when we look at what Montreal aspires to be (education, health, rnd, pharmaceuticals, ...), its clear that we want to become more like Boston than Toronto. ( And I am not saying that Toronto doesn't excel in those domains).

Ottawa vs. Quebec city oh man, so evident... there's entire books about it hehehe

·
39,265 Posts
Toronto- the world's alpha cities (NYC, London, Paris, Tokyo, Chicago, Frankfurt, HongKong, Milan, Singapore, LA)

Vancouver-San Francisco

·
Ex-mod
7,931 Posts
Vancouver vs. Seattle/San Francisco/Portland/Calgary/Melbourne/Sydney

Toronto vs. NYC/Boston/London/Los Angeles/San Francisco/Montreal/Detroit/Chicago

·
Registered
5,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Read the thread!
No international comparisons and no comments just state the cities name.

Kelowna vs Kamloops
London vs Windsor

·
Registered
782 Posts
North Bay and Sudbury have been rivals as long as the two cities have existed.
I've never really heard much about a Thunder Bay - Sudbury rivalry though.

·
Registered
13,365 Posts
North Bay and Sudbury have been rivals as long as the two cities have existed.
I've never really heard much about a Thunder Bay - Sudbury rivalry though.
Yes, the Thunder Bay - Sudbury thing is more of an entertainment thing I started after TRMD said something stupid. The two cities barely converse, let alone compete. In the late 1800s, the Lakehead and Kenora were roughly the same size, and there was some competition, but being on the St Lawrence Seaway, the Lakehead definitely had the upper hand of the two, which is why we're 8 times the size of Kenora today. :)

And between Sudbury and North Bay, North Bay wins. :)

1 - 20 of 74 Posts