SkyscraperCity banner

21 - 40 of 2877 Posts

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
prsn41ife said:
i have a question. why doesnt KSA spend any money on more skyscrapers and more density like dubai is??? it could attract some tourism. they dont have to build any clubs or bars or anything.
I think one of the reasons they donot go for skyscrapers is that they have abundance of land available... so going vertical may not be a viable option for them.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
huit said:
I think one of the reasons they donot go for skyscrapers is that they have abundance of land available... so going vertical may not be a viable option for them.
The real reason is Saudi doesn't invest much of their cash in their own country, its usually sent abroad to NASDAQ and NYSE :lol:

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
*UofT* said:
The real reason is Saudi doesn't invest much of their cash in their own country, its usually sent abroad to NASDAQ and NYSE :lol:
True but Saudi doesnt need Skyscrapers or tourism. If they wanted tourists, they would allow tourist visas and would promote their abundant historic places (look at the first page of this thread) like Madain Saleh.

Saudi doesnt need skyscrapers because almost all of the cash comes from industrial plants not financial centers.

Saudi has invested alot in their own country in terms of what their own people need not what foreigners like (that is what dubai is doing). Saudi has one of the best road networks in the world, all the infrastructure is there, etc. The government also spends alot on its people. Every single Saudi has access to the basic necessaties of life because the government subsidizes in food and provides good healthcare. People without jobs are given money and a place to live. What else do the people need besides freedom? Building skyscrapers is not practical expecially when you have a country which is as huge as Saudi. Saudi doesnt have many banks or other financial companies so why build skyscrapers when there is no demand. And no one in Saudi likes to live in apartments. People like villas.

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Moody said:
Faisalia Tower and Kingdom Tower look fantastic

Yeah....They're amazing arent they..... Small but unique skyline. The view from Kingdom center's SKYBRIDGE is amazing. Fasaliah Tower is exactly in line with Kingdom center.

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
I havent been to Riyadh for a while now but I've heard that there is a new mall opening every other day (well, not literally but there are a hell of a lot of malls in Riyadh)

It truly is the city that never sleeps. You have to check out the place to really appreciate what it has to offer.

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Good Idea. But is there anyone here In Riyadh who could post us some pics? I havent been there for what seems like ages....

21 - 40 of 2877 Posts