SkyscraperCity banner

21 - 40 of 6299 Posts

·
CMA/KAFD
10 Posts
As a CMA employee, i'm very excited about this project!

From what I've heard internally and through the media, construction of the Financial District will begin by the end of this year/early 2007 and will take 3-4 years. The CMA headquarters building will finish first from what I've heard, its the tallest building in the District.

It is not located a block away from the Kingdom Tower. It will be located at the intersection of King Fahad Road/Qaseem Highway and Takhasusi Street/Thumama Road, right off the Dammam Highway (As it appears in the brochure).

·
2,424 Posts
Saudi is already building a Financial Island with super-talls in King Abdulla Economic City- Jeddah, so i don't understand this... Plus there's Bahrain and it's Bahrain Financial Harbour (BFH), and Dubai's International Financial Centre...!! I'm not sure this is a smart idea...They must have had studies and research done, but it doesn't sound like a good idea..! Even Qatar is builing a mini-financial centre... So i don't get Saudi... There's won't be the only technologically advanced, or matching international standards centre... Bahrain has for long matched international standards in Banking regulation and laws...

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
^ I don't understand your logic... All the other "Finance Centers" elsewhere aren't for the Saudis or are targetting specifically Saudi Arabia.

·
2,424 Posts
The one in Jeddah is, and the point is each one wants to be the Financial Hub of the middle east... In a somewhat overly-ambitious arrogant way.... I blame the media... They're overly patriotic, and as a political tool they highlight the good too much, to distract you from the negatives, probably... Saudi isn't the largest economy in the region, unless they mean the Arabian Peninsula alone...!

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Fact 1: King Abdullah Financial District is bigger than BFH and DIFC and the financial center in KAEC.

Fact 2: Riyadh is the home for the headquarters of 6 of the largest 10 banks in the Arab World.

Fact 3: Riyadh is the home of the largest stock market in the Middle East and North Africa and the 11th in the world.

Fact 4: Saudi Arabia is the largest economy in the arab world and the 23rd economy in the world.

Fact 5: Riyadh is the home of the regional offices of 6 international banks.

Fact 6: Riyadh has a population of 5 million people.

Fact 7: Riyadh is the home of 4 of the top 10 richest men in the Middle East.

Fact 8: Riyadh has a GDP of $ 25 billion (Twice the GDP of all of Bahrain).

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
vc15nets said:
Amazing! Great news! However, it seems to be quite far from Kingdom Tower which itself is quite far from Fasaliah Tower. It will look weird, having three skyscrapers quite a distance apart from each other. But I think the Ghadir Project should be somewhere between Kingdom Tower and this one. And dont forget, Riyadh Business Park with its three high rise buildings is also under-c.
Actually, the order is as following (South to North),

[Faisalia]___[Kingdom]____[Business Park]___[Rajhi Tower]___[Ghadir Project]___[KAFD]

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
It's amazing how people were complaining and targetting Saudi Government for not doing enough for the economy and now that they ARE, they're being criticized by some for being myopic!

Anyhow, has anyone posted a rendering for Ghadir Project?

·
2,424 Posts
Riyadhi said:
Fact 1: King Abdullah Financial District is bigger than BFH and DIFC and the financial center in KAEC.

Fact 2: Riyadh is the home for the headquarters of 6 of the largest 10 banks in the Arab World.

Fact 3: Riyadh is the home of the largest stock market in the Middle East and North Africa and the 11th in the world.

Fact 4: Saudi Arabia is the largest economy in the arab world and the 23rd economy in the world.

Fact 5: Riyadh is the home of the regional offices of 6 international banks.

Fact 6: Riyadh has a population of 5 million people.

Fact 7: Riyadh is the home of 4 of the top 10 richest men in the Middle East.

Fact 8: Riyadh has a GDP of $ 25 billion (Twice the GDP of all of Bahrain).
Some impressive facts, i won't deny it, but largely irrelevent...!
IMO, size is irrelevent, for the time being at least, and Bahrain is much better positioned to be the Middle East Financial Hub.... It is the current de facto Financial and Banking Hub...

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
B-Patriot said:
Some impressive facts, i won't deny it, but largely irrelevent...!
IMO, size is irrelevent, for the time being at least, and Bahrain is much better positioned to be the Middle East Financial Hub.... It is the current de facto Financial and Banking Hub...

Bahrain will do great Inshallah in economic growth and as a financial hub.

However,

The Saudis have enough money to match UAE, Kuwait, Qatar and Bahrain.

If the Saudis want to they can pump enough money into Riyadh to turn it into anything..

Inshallah all of Gulf will benefit with the ongoing competition and infrastructural development.

·
2,424 Posts
Yes, thats probably true, but it'll take a hell of a lot or money (maybe too much than its worth) ;)

Bahrain has expertise, lots of experience, and many more things that Saudi comparitively lacks.... Lots of companies and banks have regional HQ's in Bahrain.... That would take a HELL of a lot of money to buy or to change..!

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
B-Patriot said:
Yes, thats probably true, but it'll take a hell of a lot or money (maybe too much than its worth) ;)

Bahrain has expertise, lots of experience, and many more things that Saudi comparitively lacks.... Lots of companies and banks have regional HQ's in Bahrain.... That would take a HELL of a lot of money to buy or to change..!

I don't think you can compare the two really, At the end of the day it all comes down to where people choose to keep their money. If all of Saudi's choose to Invest in financial institutions in Riyadh than really we are talking liquid cash flows that will be more than anything Bahraini's, Kuwaitis or Emiratis can pump into their own banks.

·
Registered
79 Posts
How tall is this KAFD? i mean what is the hight (in meters) & how many floors does it posses ? ANY INFO?

21 - 40 of 6299 Posts