Quote from a fellow Bahraini Forumer...Riyadhi said:Fact 1: King Abdullah Financial District is bigger than BFH and DIFC and the financial center in KAEC.
Fact 2: Riyadh is the home for the headquarters of 6 of the largest 10 banks in the Arab World.
Fact 3: Riyadh is the home of the largest stock market in the Middle East and North Africa and the 11th in the world.
Fact 4: Saudi Arabia is the largest economy in the arab world and the 23rd economy in the world.
Fact 5: Riyadh is the home of the regional offices of 6 international banks.
Fact 6: Riyadh has a population of 5 million people.
Fact 7: Riyadh is the home of 4 of the top 10 richest men in the Middle East.
Fact 8: Riyadh has a GDP of $ 25 billion (Twice the GDP of all of Bahrain).
"Some quick notes
1. Ok 4 of 10 richest in Riyad, but where is their money? it's in the USA ,London,Lebenon, and banks in Bahrain. Alwaleed is an example.
2. Suadi stock market is all speculation and badly run, analysts say they hope some day Gulf Stock Markets will be more like Bahrain where prices reflect the performance of companies and more rational and professionally run.
3 BMA is the best Banking regulator in all the Gulf.
4. Bahrain is the biggest center of Islamic banking in the world.
5. Population does not count,or Egypt would be the center of banking in the region
6. Imar prefered to establish it's bank Al Salam in Bahrain Why didn't it go to Dubai or Riyad
7. The biggest Islamic bank UIB established in Bahrain by Khalid bin Al Waleed why didn't he go to Riyad
8. Size is not everything ,what matters is how much of it will be actually built and who will fill it , for all we know it may be a goast town.
9.The banks they are talking about are all domestic banks.
This is just what comes to mind for more I need to make some reseach"