Skyscraper City Forum banner
4521 - 4540 of 14399 Posts

·
AUTOBANN.ED
48,557 Posts
Auction for consultancy to the study of the Comarnic-Brasov motorway suspended
BUSINESS | NINEOCLOCK | MAY 17TH, 2012 AT 9:00 PM

The auction launched by the National Company of Motorways and National Roads (CNADNR) for consultancy services in the feasibility study for the concession contract of the Comarnic-Brasov motorway, with and estimated value of RON 23.6 M (VAT exclusive) was suspended by the National Council for Solving Complaints (CNSC), over problems related to documentation, Mediafax reports. The decision was made Wednesday, after the law firm ‘Bostina si Asociatii” filed a complaint against the documentation of the auction, issued by CNADNR, and demanded the suspension of the procedure until a solution is found.
Source

·
12,728 Posts
The Romanian forum user Baiazid posted some pics of the u/c motorway between Bucharest and Ploiesti (A3). Here are some of them:

You can see in this map made by Baiazid how this motorway section was built by separate contractors :nuts:

You can see all the pics on the Romanian part of the forum.

edit: I've updated the map (first picture)

·
Banned
5,022 Posts
Opening next month? Is that realistic?

Thanks for the map Baiazid. :cheers:
Yes, that's definitely possible. Like I said on the Romanian section, I estimate the opening for traffic on the 15th of June, while the completion of the works (fences, water drains, rebuilding water beds under the bridges, decommissioning the work site etc.) might take about 3 more months. :cheers:

·
12,728 Posts

·
Banned
5,022 Posts
Any pictures of the city section under construction ? :)
Absolutely nothing so far. The first pictures here are from that area. And it's the same today. Only the bridge over the Bucharest Ring is under construction yet.

·
Banned
5,022 Posts
^^ @LeClerk, the map you presented in on one hand missig The Southern Motorway, Bucharest - Caracal - Craiova - Drobeta Turnu Severin - Lugoj, and on the other hand includes some "wishful thinking": the extension of the A4 motrway south of Agigea, to the Bulgarian border. As far as I know, there's yet no official plan about it. Although, it could happen in the following years...

·
AUTOBANN.ED
48,557 Posts
^^ @LeClerk, the map you presented in on one hand missig The Southern Motorway, Bucharest - Caracal - Craiova - Drobeta Turnu Severin - Lugoj, and on the other hand includes some "wishful thinking": the extension of the A4 motrway south of Agigea, to the Bulgarian border. As far as I know, there's yet no official plan about it. Although, it could happen in the following years...
Indeed, they forgot about the Southern Motorway.

IMHO, al the "planned" motorways ddepend heavily on the budget negotiations for 2014-2020, therefore on the money Romania will get from the EU in that period. Until that is settled (favourably hopefully), most of the planned network is pretty much unrealistic.

·
Banned
5,022 Posts
The Southern Motorway is partly Corridor IV - South (Craiova - Lugoj), partly TEN-T Core Network (Craiova - Bucharest). Therefore, the chances are good to get the money for that motorway.

But as you say, it's all up to negotiations...

·
Banned
5,022 Posts
I don't think the Transcarpathian motorway sections will be completed by 2016. If they will be, construction should start this summer at the latest.
Well, the Transport Ministry - actually the former one - says the construction of the link Pitesti - Sibiu should take 3 years. If it's realistic or not, that's to be seen. But that's the official story: start of construction in 2013, completion in 2016.

·
Banned
5,022 Posts
By the way, the current Transport Ministry announced yesterday that the section Bucharest Ring Road - Ploiesti Ring Road of the A3 Motorway will definitely open on the 30th of June 2012.

However, he couldn't tell if that opening will include or not the two planned exits on the way (Moara Vlasiei and Snagov).

Despite the heavy work this Spring, the opening was delayed due to heavy rain we had almost all the month of May in the south of Romania.

4521 - 4540 of 14399 Posts